Aftermath

As Jungkook opened his eyes he found himself standing in an empty road. It was quite dark and there was a pin drop silence. But then he saw the two figures in the middle of the road. He instantly identified one of them

"Taehyung"

The said boy was crying his heart out holding his beloved brother who was now lying dead in his arms. His heart wrenching sobs were echoing everywhere

"no tae n-no" Jungkook's eyes got filled with tears he could see his sorrows yet he couldn't comfort his love. He wanted to hug him and take all his pain away yet he remained rooted to where he was and watched taehyung drowning in to sea of lifelong sadness.

Namjoon's cries brought him back to the reality and he saw him kneeling on the floor holding Jin's picture.

Namjoon relieved the entire trauma that night, the trauma of loosing his true love. Oh! How many dreams they had dreamt together. How they planned to have a house of their own and later on have a beautiful dog. Seokjin always wanted a dog. But destiny didn't let that happen.

They loved each other and supported each other but...

Now no one looks at Namjoon and waits for his appreciation

Now no one makes him his favourite dish

And now no loves him the way Seokjin did

"I lost my first love" he weeped heard.

Jungkook let go of his strict demeanor and kneeled beside Namjoon. He wrapped his arm around him and tried to get him up. He carefully made him sit on the bed and sat down beside him quietly.

He watched how Namjoon was caressing Seokjin's photo so lovingly while tears dropped from his eyes.

"H-how did you find taehyung and Seokjin" Jungkook asked carefully

"they both were brought to the hospital and they found my number in Jin's emergency contact. After taehyung woke up he told me everything that had happened but he was way too traumatized and was constantly looking for jin" he wiped off his tears.

Jungkook had immense sympathy for Namjoom and wanted to console him but he had never been good with emotions or words. He just put his hand on his shoulder and tried to calm him down

"i am so sorry namjoon" he said quitely

Namjoon just nodded but kept looking at Jin's picture

"you never went to the police?" Jungkook asked quitely

Namjoon smirked at that question "that is the reason why we are here today Jungkook"

He looked at jungkook who had a puzzled expression on his face "taehyung was adamant that he will give justice to his brother that is why as soon as he recovered he went to police station. But nobody helped us jungkook nobody!! They instead showed us that the boss was not even in the country at that point so how can they kill Seokjin? Do you know what the police did instead "

Namjoon got up" They FUCKING BLAMED TAEHYUNG FOR HIS BROTHER'S DEATH!! " roared Namjoon

Jungkook got up in anger" what?? "

" yes! That 18 year old boy was interrogated....he was asked several things while he kept on telling them that it was not him!! But no one listened. When finally taehyung was released we started getting threats again and tae couldn't take any of it. He fainted and was unconscious for 3 days straight. And when he woke up he had forgotten everything "

Namjoon turned around at jungkook" i i was so confused that what is happening and why is he behaving like he doesn't even know who Jin is but then the doctors told me this was the result of shock. He couldn't take so many things and as a coping mechanism his brain had shut down those memories so that he doesn't need to suffer "

Now Jungkook understood why Taehyung never mentioned Seokjin to him

"and that was a cue for me to leave everything behind and start afresh so that I can protect Taehyung" continued Namjoom

"the day i had put Seokjin to rest I promised him that from now on I will be Taehyung's brother, his guardian and that's what i did. I told him i am his brother and my father is his father thats why he thinks that we are his only family. I came here to Seoul to escape the past and live a simple life"

"When did you get to know about V?" Jungkook asked curiously

"i wanted to escape the past but looks like past didn't want to leave me. I had no idea that taehyung had developed DID. But 2years ago V had come out when I was alone with taehyung at home and I was not letting him go out. That night was the first time I met V"

"I immediately took him to a doctor and they told all about DID but i dont know since when he is with Tae. Then i got to know about the murders" he lowered his eyes in shame

He quickly went to jungkook and held his hand "Jungkook i know what has been going on is not right and hiding the crimes is a crime in itself but i just did it to protect taehyung who has no idea what he is doing"

Jungkook had always prioritized his duty as a detective and now somewhere he prioritized Taehyung too but why are his priorities conflicting?? What will he choose duty or love?

"what is the solution to this Namjoon?? How will we end V?"
He asks

Namjoon leaves his hand "V's main motive is to kill the BOSS who Killed Seokjin"

"Do you know who that BOSS is??" asks jungkook

Namjoon nods

"Who?"

"Jeon Jungse"