New Lead, Old Mate

Morning slowly came around, the first ray of sun peeked from behind the curtains and fell on Jungkook's face making him stir. He opened his eyes and looked left at the boy sleeping on his stomach, facing him, only a blanket covering his lower half.

Jungkook slowly moved the strands of hair from his forehead.

He was all lost in Taehyung's beauty when he heard his phone beep.

He got up and sat on the edge of the bed facing the window. Jungkook frowned a little when he saw so many missed calls from Hoseok and Yoongi. Unfortunately as his phone was silent he couldn't attend any of them.

Taking the phone in his hand he read the text that had just arrived

"Meet us in the lab. It matched and there is something else you should see" - Hoseok

He put the phone down

"it matched" the two words stuck in his head. Jungkook looked over his shoulder at Taehyung who was sleeping so peacefully with no worries about the world.

Jungkook looked front at the window. The rays of the sun hitting him directly which should create some discomfort but it didn't bother him at all as his mind was all worried about what will happen now.

In several months this is the first lead they got but the person in question is the one he knows means everything to Taehyung.

Taehyung, the first person for whom he actually started to have feelings, the one who made his heart go all weak. Only last night he realised how he wants to be with him but now he needs to go and interrogate his brother.

Should i tell taehyung about all this. Will he be angry or sad? Is namjoon the one i have been looking for for so many months... Is he the one behind all those gruesome murders? Will all these take taehyung away from me...

Jungkook was totally lost in all these thoughts when he felt hands wrapped around his naked torso and lips pressed on his neck.

At first he frowned but soon it vanished when he heard the whisper.

"Good morning" Taehyung's voice was a bit hoarse.

He smiled and put his hands over Taehyung's intertwining their fingers.

He looked on his right and was met with Taehyung's loving eyes.

"Good morning" he said slowly and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Thank you for last night" said taehyung parting from the kiss and placing his forehead on Jungkook's back.

"Thank you too" said Jungkook.

Jungkook thought for a while and then finally said "taehyung i need to go to work" he said with utter politeness trying not to upset him.

Taehyung didn't say anything.

Jungkook slowly removed his hand from Taehyung's and even though he did allow him to remove it Jungkook felt a little bit restrain from him. As if he didn't want to let go.

Jungkook slowly detached himself from Taehyung and got up but found the boy holding his hand.

"Jungkook please don't go" Taehyung said tilting his head.

Jungkook smiled and sat down on the bed. Gently he cupped his face and placed a kiss on his lips

"i didn't know the feisty Taehyung can be so clingy" he smiled rubbing his cheek with his thumb

Taehyung blushed "and I didn't know the grumpy officer can be so romantic"

Jungkook smiled widely "i am sorry but I really need to go"

Taehyung nodded finally letting him go..

Hoseok was in his desk when Jungkook finally arrived.

"Ahhh there you are I have been calling you since last night where were you?" said Hoseok getting up from the chair with the file.

"sorry my phone was on silent" he said "It matched?"

"yeah" Hoseok said giving him the file "and there is something else you should see, come with me"

Hoseok took jungkook inside the video cabinet where they analyse different CCTV footages and other video and audio tapes.

"this footage was retrieved from the CCTV across the alley in which the murder took place that night, Rob play the video" Hoseok instructed the the man handling the equipment

A video started to play where it showed the victim running inside the alley all injured.

After a while another man walk out of the alley.

"Rob Zoom in" said Hoseok

Jungkook bowed a little getting closed to the monitor his eyes looking carefully at the now zoomed in face and as soon as he recognised that face his  eyes widened.

"namjoon" he murmured standing straight.

It was namjoon again. Even if jungkook wanted to ignore the first evidence how can he do it again? No he can't.

"looks like we have two suspects now" Hoseok looked at jungkook whose eyes were glued to the screen "the one whose t-shirt matched and namjoon"

Jungkook shook his head "No hobi we have only one suspect"

Hoseok frowned, a bit puzzled by his friend's words

"the t-shirt belongs to namjoon" he said looking at Hoseok who was totally dumbstruck.

"prepare the warrant, we will be interrogating the first suspect of this case" Jungkook looked back at the screen.

I am sorry Taehyung.