"I've discussed your situation with the Alvaro. And we decided the council would be judging you." He replied. "And no, I can't judge you or try to influence it. I know a lot of people who won't let you live."

He knew just one; Alvaro Carlisle Montez. If it were up to the lawyer, he would have tied his legs and arms together and just thrown him off a cliff.

"Sending you to Spain is the best I can do to ensure that you don't face death as a punishment."

He watched the boy go quiet for a few seconds before he eventually spoke up.

"I would rather die here, jefe." Tobias shook his head at the statement. "I can't face him."

Oh, that...

"I'm sure your father would be reasonable." Was all he said. Imagine if he knew the real reason your brother died. It would send the man to an early (but deserved) grave.

He studied the boy for a moment longer, convincing himself that he had made the right choice and continued talking.

"Miguel would be escorting you. The jet leaves tomorrow." The sooner the better.

He turned on his heels and began to leave the room but stopped abruptly.

"Goodluck, Lucado."

He would need it.

If he was lucky enough, he would be sent into exile. Compared to death, it was much preferred.

Tobias kissed his teeth in irritation when he saw a certain person at the far end of the hall. It seemed like she was doing nothing but from the rising and falling of her chest and tensed posture, he knew what had happened.

She had just ran away from the door.

"Foster." He called calmly, walking up to her. The woman was the least of his problems but she was an issue anyway.

"Mr Ferna—"

"Are you out of your mind, Amalie?" He queried, coming up to a closeness that was uncomfortable. Even for him.

"Sir?"

"Do not make me repeat myself." For a brief moment, her stubborn self shrunk in fear before she cleared her throat and backed against the wall.

"No."

"Then why have you been eavesdropping in all my conversations?" He asked straightforwardly and she shook her head.

He despised liars.

Tobias knew of three people that had lied to him. Two of them were dead and the third still begged for death.

"Listen here." He leaned forward, briefly inhaling a cherry fragrance from her shirt.

It was cheap detergent.

"I am not one to hurt women but do not make me reconsider my morals." He started, gently putting a strand of her straw coloured hair behind her ear. "I do not trust you and you are only here because Eniola says so. She could be nice to a fault when she wants to but if I have any reason to suspect you..." He trailed off, slightly smiling as she gulped.

He did not need to complete his threat but he did anyway.

"I would have to kill you."

She knew he had seen her go away from the basement door the moment he opened it after finishing with Giovanni. Xino had seen Eniola with her as well.

She already knew too much.

"I hope we are on the same page now, Foster??" Her nod was already enough clarification for him to let go of her chin. "Good. Have a wonderful night."