Finding the girls

John

I cradled Dave in my arms as he cried, but this place wasn't safe. I lifted both him and myself up and said, "Dude, I'm sorry, but we have to go. It's not safe here."

Dave took a deep breath and seeming to have regained his composure he walked out of my grasp. I bend down and pick up the Zillyhoo, "Grab a weapon, it's a mess out there."

Dave just nods and walks away to his room. He comes back a minute later carrying a shitty broken sword. He walks to the kitchen and I follow him.

He reaches into a cupboard and takes out a bottle of alcohol. I thought he was going to drink it, but instead he just walked back to the living room and smashes the bottle down on his bro then takes out a lighter and throws it on the body.

Flames erupt and Dave turns away from the fire. I catch up to him, "Why did you do that? There might be others in the building."

He pulls the fire alarm in the hall, "Now they know to get the fuck out."

I sigh and we both start to jog down the hall and to the stairs of the building. We rush down the stairs encountering no one else. Making it to the bottom you both run out of the door and rush into some zombies that seemed to be attracted to the sound of the alarm.

Dave

I smirked seeing the zombies out side of the door. I raised my shitty sword and chopped the head off of the first one and then swung it again embedding the blade into the head of another one.

John was beside me smashing them with his hammer. One of them grabbed him from behind and I quickly stabbed my sword through it's head.

There was one left stumbling towards us, John took it out with a swift swing to the head.

The street was silent except for the cracklings of the fire that now raged through the building. We walked down the street with our weapons out and dripping with blood.

Then John stopped, I stop a few feet ahead of him and turned, "We should head to Pumpkin Road, it's just a few blocks away." He said.

I nodded, of course, Jade is his sister. I was so caught up in myself that I almost forgot about the girls. "Yeah, then we should get Rose."

"Dude, wherever you been? They share a house," John said smiling.

I chuckle a little, "I forgot, let's just get the girls alright?"

***

John

We reach the house and the door is a jar. My heart starts beating quickly and we both run up to it. I carefully open it up with my free hand and look in.

The place is torn apart. The furniture is flipped over, glass and blood cover the floor. I run inside calling my sisters name but there was no reply. Zombie bodies litter the floor, their skulls smashed in.

I run up the stairs with Dave close behind me and we come to a door that has blood splatters on it and blood seeping from under the door.

I had been to the house before and I remember that it was Roses door. I kick on the door and try to force it open. But it wouldn't budge.

"Rose! Jade!" I scream. I grasp the weapon and is about to swing when the door opens a crack.

"J-John?"

The door opens all the way and both girls step out, Jade flings herself into my arms. I hold my sister tightly and can't help but let a tear that was stinging my eyes go.