Chapter 24- Aslan's Country

Start from the beginning

"It's a talent." He smiled.

"Where's that dragon of yours?" The Gallagher boy asked, making everyone wonder. Where was it Eustace had disappeared to, and more importantly, was he okay?

Then, from the water, they heard a noise. "Hey! I'm down here, James! Over here! Hey, James I'm in the water! James!"

"Eustace." James' lips curled upwards at the sight of his cousin, human and unharmed.

"I'm a boy again. I'm a boy!"

"Whoop de doo Pinocchio." Harvey groaned, rubbing his eyes due to tiredness. He hadn't slept in two days: none of them had.

"Eustace!" Reepicheep popped up from the bowels of the ship. "I see your wings have been clipped." The rodent jumped in the water and started to sing a happy tune they had all heard before. "Where sky and water meet, where the waves grow ever sweet." Curiously, his paw dipped into the ocean and drank the water. "It is sweet. It's sweet!" This caused them all to laugh, shamelessly. "Look! Look!"

But Reep wasn't telling them to look at him. He was telling them to look at the approaching waters on the horizon. The most beautiful sigh in white some time.

"Aslan's country." Caspian murmured, pulling James close to his chest once again. "We must be close."

"Well, we've come this far." Edmund shrugged, but the blonde could feel his heart beating fast by the second.

"I need to see him." James whispered, and Caspian nodded, running his hands through his lovers hair. "I have so much to say."

     It became the mutual decision that the Pevensie's, Caspian, Harvey, the Scrubb boy and Reepicheep would go on a small rowboat to Aslan's country. They, more than any others, wanted to go there, and they knew it was well overdue.

    James more than anyone needed to talk to Aslan. There were a lot of things unresolved, and he needed to get a few things off his chest.

     The waters weren't clear anymore, but filled with white lilies. They were beautiful, the whole place was beautiful, and they'd never seen anything like it. How could they? This was a place unlike any other.

     Caspian and Edmund had divvied up the rowing between them, letting James navigate them as he'd the best sense of direction. The boat was probably too small to fit them all in, but they did it anyways.

  "So what was it like when Aslan changed you back?" Edmund asked Eustace, quizzically. It was a question he longed to know the answer to, that they all longed to know the answer to.

  "No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself." Their cousin started, a pensive tone overtaking his words. "Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a dragon wasn't all bad. I mean, I think I was a better dragon than I was a boy, really. I'm so sorry for being such a sop."

  "It's okay, Eustace." Edmund grinned, cheekily. "You are a pretty good dragon." His comments made them all grin.

  "If it's any consolation, Eustace, I understand what you mean perfectly." The eldest Pevensie stated, sheepishly. "When he changed who I was, as a panther, I feel that pain every time."