Chapter 7- The Slave Traders Emergence

You're gonna be nowhere
The loneliest kind of lonely
It may be rough going
Just to do your thing's the hardest thing to do
But you gotta make your own kind of music
Sing your own special song
Make your own kind of music
Even if nobody else sings along
So if you cannot take my hand
And if you must be going, I will understand
- Make Your Own Kind Of Music • Cass Elliot

As the Dawn Treader sailed beneath the setting sky, they came into clearer view of the land. It was the most beautiful blend of indigo and marigold. Something in the concoction of colour attracted James, and made him smile.

    Even in the most stunning of places in England, a view like this was scarce. This was the most beautiful thing. He didn't need anything other than this. If every morning he could wake to a sight like this one, and sleep under a similar sight, then James was sure nothing could go wrong.

     This was the beginning.

    "How long has it been since we shared a view like this?" Sighed James, resting his head on Caspian's shoulder from behind. "Don't answer that."

  Caspian chuckled, the vibrations running through into James' chest. It made him glad. "Too long." Grinned the elder. "But we will have forever to come."

     It didn't take long for the couple to be interrupted by Drinian. They had expected it to come, but James wanted as much alone time with Caspian as he could. After all, he had been deprived for so long.

     "The Lone Islands. The Port of Narrowhaven." Drinian informed as the dark haired King looked through the telescope at the land.

  "Strange." He stated, passing the object to the man behind him. "Not a Narnian flag in sight."

  James hummed as he saw the desolate space through the glass.

     The beige-ness of it all was quite confusing. Why wasn't there any colour? All of the places occupied by Narnia were always so full of life. Where was the life? Where was the colour?

     "But the Lone Islands have always been Narnia's." Edmund commented as he looked through the telescope to see the land for himself.

  "Obviously," James rolled his eyes, childishly. "Even I know that."

  "Seems suspicious." Drinian offered his opinion, though it seemed to have been taken the wrong way by one of the men.

  "I say we prepare a landing party." Edmund announced, forgetting something key. "Drinian?"

     With a lump in his throat, Caspian turned to a face James. Both were a little pale with discomfort. This was one of the moments that every person alive could live without. To try his best to reintroduce comfort, James rubbed Caspian's shoulders, careful to avoid trapping the King's black hair beneath his fingers.

     "Forgive me, Your Majesty," Drinian stated, with a certain level of discomfort. "But the chain of command starts with King Caspian on this ship; alongside King James, of course."

  Sort of broken, Edmund replied. "Right."

  "We'll use longboats." Caspian announced, agreeing with Edmund's previous statement. "Drinian, pick some men and come ashore."