Chapter 21- Aslan's Table

It's much too late to find
When you think you've changed your mind
You'd better change it back or we will both be sorry
Don't you want me, baby?
Don't you want me? Oh!
- Don't You Want Me • The Human League

The Navigation room had become a common place for the three kings to spend their time. It wasn't as if they could have privacy anywhere else, but this place had an air of comfort that kept them sane. They all knew how easy it was to go mad, especially at sea.

As Caspian looked over their newest sword, he sighed. There was still so much to happen, and following the blue star might've amounted to nothing. They didn't know yet. They wouldn't know until it was too late. Food was running out, and stress building at an unsurpassable rate.

To relieve it, James was doing all he could. Though, as they were stuck on the boat, the best he could offer was a massage.

So as the darker haired King pondered over the metal, James let his spindly fingers rub over the tense muscles in Caspian's shoulders. It was intimate, to an extent, and would've been more so if Edmund hadn't been stood on the balcony. If he hadn't been so kind, the blonde Pevensie would've stated his discontent with his brother being there- but he was. They would have to wait.

"We can't be sure the other Lords even made it to Ramandu's island." Edmund sighed, pessimistically. James didn't blame him. It was hard to be anything but.

Feeling his lovers body tense up once again, the elder Pevensie calmed. "We can't be sure of anything, Caspian, but you trust yourself."

"Thank you." The King turned, and let his dark eyes meet those of James. He smiled, sincerely, hoping his truth came across.

"And I trust you more than anyone."

Leaning up ever so slightly, their lips met. Yes, it was uncomfortable with Edmund being stood there, but Caspian's need to appreciate James was too great.

"You two are disgusting." The younger Pevensie huffed through his nose.

"You look like the boogeyman." James retorted, greatly displeased. "Can't you be anywhere else?"

     Within a day, the blue star had lead them in the direction of an island that looked greatly like the one Coriakin had shown them. Maybe it was going to work out, but they couldn't be too careful still.

    Despite having packed many weapons, James took none with him on the sort boat journey from the Dawn Treader to shore. He had other plans.

     Stepping foot on the rocky beach, they saw how beautiful this place truly was. Everything was overgrown, with moss filling the cracks like concrete, letting the natural life fly gracefully. Each human walked with lanterns in their hands, but James had his in his mouth.

     After all, he needed all four of his paws to walk on.

     They passed many things as they edged closer to the bridge. However, the most intriguing were the eagle statues, laced with vines and angry fungi.

  Forgetting the real mission, James' panther stepped forwards, his nose rubbing against the stone. "These look far too much like memories."