Epilogue - Rapunzel Loves Eugene

In Old Corona, it was nearly nightfall.

Varian browsed around his house. He was curious. "Eugene?" Varian asked. Eugene was not in Varian's lab.

He tried his bedroom. Varian was confused. "Eugene, you got a date with Rapunzel." Varian reminded. Eugene was not there.

Varian went outside. He goes to Lance. Varian was concerned. "Lance, have you seen Eugene?" Varian wondered.

Lance was confident yet perplexed. "Yeah." He added. "Eugene was just going to go near the river. He needed a space to think about seeing the princess again. Maybe trying not to make a goof of himself." Lance replied.

Varian shrugged. He was bewildered. "Which river, Lance?" He asks again.

Lance recognized. He was befuddled. Lance gestured him out. "The one where the time the crown was lost in THAT river." He answers.

Varian was astounded. He blinked his eyes twice.

In the peaceful forest, Eugene sat near the river. His legs are crisscrossed. He sighed. Eugene stared at the streaming river. He was solemn.

Eugene recalls his memories with Varian. Eugene hears his words. He closes his eyes to reminisce.

My real name is Eugene Fitzherbert. Someone might as well know.

I loved you like a brother, Varian...You're my new dream...

You and me are going to be Team Awesome in Old Corona...I have really hope for that...

Eugene was quivering. He touches his head. Eugene was emotional. His teardrops are loosening from his eyes. Eugene's face got wet.

Let's go save Rapunzel.

Varian, stay close to me. I won't let anything bad happen to you. You're my brother. Always. I love you.

We're still Team Awesome after Rapunzel's crown. I'm not gonna leave you. I promise.

I was a wanted thief. And just now, I changed my role from rogue to your big brother. I loved being your big brother.

The best Team Awesome we have ever invented.

Let's rescue Rapunzel, Varian.

You know, I cared about you, Varian.

I love you, Varian. My brother.

Eugene curled his fingers with his both hands. He touched his head with his knuckles. Eugene was sobbing.

Varian scrolled thru the trees. After he pass by one tree, Varian found Eugene. Varian was taken aback. He blinked his eyes twice. Varian was gloomy. He walks to Eugene slowly. Varian goes downward on his knees. He was compassionate yet sad. "Are you okay?" Varian asked in his whisper.

Eugene sighs. "I can't do it..." he whispered.

Varian was disbelieved. He was consolable. Varian embraced Eugene. "Hey, you loved Rapunzel. She has been better." Varian reminded.

Eugene was glum. "What if Rapunzel doesn't love me after our first date?" He added, wondering. Varian stroked Eugene's back a few times. Eugene still let his watery eyes running. "I didn't rescue her from the tower. I didn't rescue her from the Moonstone. I couldn't bring her to see the floating lanterns tonight. Maybe the princess and I dating on her birthday was a mistake." He admitted.

Varian held Eugene tight. Varian was concerned. "Eugene, you're just scared..." Varian believed.

Eugene stared at Varian. Eugene was unanticipated.

Varian brought out the clean white handkerchief. He took a deep breath. "Eugene, I know you loved me like we're brothers. I know you're afraid of losing me if you get married to the princess someday." Varian added. He wiped Eugene's tears away on his face tenderly. "We're still Team Awesome. And we don't have to be upset about this anymore. Rapunzel has me to become the Corona's Royal Engineer. She was going to tell you something on your first date with her." Varian explained.

Eugene raises his eyebrow. "What is the princess gonna tell me then? Have me to become her king?" He asked.

Varian made a sad smile. He shook his head. "No." Varian answered.

Eugene was confused. He blinked his eyes twice.

Varian sighed. "I think you should ask Rapunzel yourself." He mentioned.

Varian rotated his head to his right.

Eugene was curious of Varian's looking.

From the one tree, the princess in her purple dress came out of hiding behind it. Rapunzel was smiling. She puts her hands together.

Eugene was astonished. "Rapunzel?" He wonders.

The princess nodded her head twice in her reply.

Rapunzel went towards Eugene.

Varian gets up steadily. He left Eugene alone with the princess.

Eugene watches Varian walking away. Eugene was baffled. He doesn't know what to do.

Then, Eugene faced Rapunzel.

The princess sits next to the former thief.

Rapunzel was happy. "Eugene, I know you and Varian are close. You can still see him in Old Corona. You have done so many with him." She added. Eugene blinks his eyes thrice times. He was bewildered. Rapunzel was affectionate. "You may not save me from the tower and the Moonstone. You kinda did save me from the Loss-of-Memory berry from Zhan Tiri. Back in The Spire." She stated.

Eugene shrugs. "Why are you telling me this?" He asked.

Rapunzel took a deep breath. And then, she swiftly have her lips reached to his. Rapunzel leaned her head to her right.

She shut her eyes. Rapunzel kissed Eugene.

He was astounded. His eyes are wider than not ever before.

The princess made a smooch sound. She opened her eyes halfway. Rapunzel was happier.

Eugene was taking deeper breaths. He needed air from her kiss. And then, Eugene was open-hearted. He was awestruck. "You really loved me...?" Eugene asks again. He stared at her.

The princess took Eugene's hands. Rapunzel stares at him back. She was passionate. "Yes..." Rapunzel added, answering. "You are a good guy...and a good brother to Varian...You're gonna be my protector for Corona one day..." She whispered.

Eugene chuckles. "The Captain of the Guard...who knew..." he guessed.

Rapunzel chuckled with Eugene too. She sighs with gladness. "And at last...I see the light..." Rapunzel said.

Eugene observed the princess approaching her head to his. He gradually shuts his eyes. She closes her eyes.

Eugene and Rapunzel caresses their lips softly. They are blushing. And they have ultimately fallen in love with each other.

Now that they see their loves are becoming true.

Thanks for reading! I have to go back writing on Team Awesome the Story Series. Because VarianWolf has ideas about 'Have Never Troubled Feathers Trust Strangers' episode. I'm trying to write. Not easy. I will check on Wattpad daily. Thanks again, everyone!