Chapter 2 - The Monkey

Rapunzel, Eugene, Adira, Lance, Ruddiger and Pascal are staring at the monkey. It has the turban with the red gem on its head.

The monkey was close to say something.

Then, the woman in her gypsy clothes arrived. She was pleased. "There you are, Vigor!" The woman in her gypsy outfit exclaimed.

They are perplexed.

The monkey was annoyed. Then, the monkey was pleading at the woman. The monkey gestures her out at the group. The monkey sounds out calmly and loudly. She seemed to understand the monkey. The woman recognized the big group. She was friendly. "Hello, travelers." The woman added. She waved at them. The woman puts her hands together. "Are you all here to visit Madame Canardist's fortune cart sometime today?" She asked them.

Eugene still holds unconscious Varian in his arms. He raised his eyebrow at her. "Sorry, who's Madame Canardist?" Eugene inquired.

Adira was bemused yet perceiving. "You're the fortune teller?" She inquires.

Rapunzel was mystified yet happy. "Is Vigor your monkey?" She inquired.

Lance was stumped. He tilts his head to his left. "Can you really read fortunes?" Lance inquires.

Madame Canardist points at each person to answer. She was enthusiastic. "I'm Madame Canardist...I am indeed a fortune teller...Yes, Vigor's my pet monkey...And yes, I CAN read fortunes..." she replied.

They all blinked their eyes twice. They get it, yet still baffled about seeing the fortune teller with the monkey.

Vigor makes calmer noises again. It was telling Madame Canardist about Eugene carrying Varian. She nodded her head thrice times at her monkey.

Madame Canardist was puzzled at Eugene. "Say, sir..." she added. Eugene got her attention. Madame Canardist goes to him with Varian. "Is your friend ill or something?" She wondered.

Eugene was firm. "Madame, my brother is not unwell...He was cursed..." Eugene clarified.

Madame Canardist was astonished. She gasped. Madame Canardist was still astonished. "Oh my, oh my, oh my..." she added. "Vigor was just looking for you and this particular boy..." Madame Canardist mentioned.

Eugene was bewildered. "Your monkey was searching for me and Varian?" He added, wondering. Then, Eugene raises his eyebrow at the fortune teller. "Why?" He wonders again.

Madame Canardist shrugs. She was not surprised. "My monkey seemed to know what he's doing than I have." Madame Canardist replies.

Eugene stares at Vigor. He was irked. "Does your monkey know how to lift curses?" Eugene asked.

Madame Canardist was not thrilled. "Vigor's my fortune teller assistant, not a miracle worker!" She answered in exclamation.

Eugene was baffling at the fortune teller.

Rapunzel goes to Madame Canardist. She was sympathetic. "Could you help my friend's little brother for the curse he has?" Rapunzel wondered.

Madame Canardist was stern. "Let my monkey see the poor boy." She replied in her suggestion.

Madame Canardist faced Adira and Lance. She was eccentric. "Are you interested about your fortunes, you two?" Madame Canardist asked.

Adira shrugged. She was bemused yet confident. "Nah...I figured that I go back to the Dark Kingdom after my adventure with..." she added. Adira faced Eugene. "Eugene..." she answered.

Madame Canardist was smiling at Adira. "It's a good thing I checked about you..." she added. Madame Canardist gestured at Adira's weapon. "That sword of yours indicates that you're a warrior of the Dark Kingdom, I can see..." Madame Canardist guessed.