✨Your Majesty The King✨

The moonlight was shining through a stone arch window in the knight's quarters casting the cold room in a warm white. The room was small, cramped, and damp from the countless men lying in heaps together. One knight stayed up restless and dreary from the battle before, in which he was badly wounded. Sir Matthew was anxious to get out of the horrid room where every breath seemed stale. The knight made his way out of the room to the entrance, then out to the hallway. He took a deep breath savoring the fresh air that gave his tired lungs a break. He made his way out of the castle away from his troubles. Sir Matthew walked along with the gardens that always seemed to give him peace of mind. He sat on a fountain looking down at his reflection in the shallow pool.
"Dear honorable Sir Matthew, what are you doing out at this time of night?" A voice familiar to the knight spoke to him. He looked in the pool and noticed the reflection of his lord.
"Oh, my lord, King Tord. I'm sorry if I woke you at this late hour my liege." Sir Matthew bowed to his king.
"Oh, nonsense. It's refreshing to not be the only one out here under the cold bleak moon." The king smiled at his knight. The knight stopped and stared at his king's warm, almost comforting smile. This look gave the knight a touch of inner peace that made his heart start pumping loudly in his ears.
"Oh. That is rather lovely to hear from you, my lord. Seems the moon has cast the spell of restlessness over both of us." The knight stood up facing his king and looked at him, overtaken by the relaxing feeling of his presence.
"Seems he has Sir Matthew. But will you humor a king who is promised a queen the next morning for some time?" King Tord sat down on the edge of the fountain with his knight. The night grew quiet as the pair chatted about the smallest things that seemed to interest them. The sun started to rise on the pair of, now what seemed to be, friends.
"Oh thank you, Sir Matthew, for letting a tired king humor you." Tord smiled again at Sir Matthew. The knight gave a simple nod to his lord sense he was now more than tired himself. The king gave a tired laugh to his companion's reaction. Then the gracious king grabbed Sir Matthew by the apples of his cheeks and pulled him close. The space between the pair became nonexistent as their lips met in a soft and passionate manner. The knight was shocked at the gesture. They pulled away and looked at each other they knew what they did was wrong but what more could they do.
"M-My lord..." The knight's cheeks went a deep shade of red as his words got caught up in his throat.
"Sir Matthew....My most noble knight. This burning in my chest this feeling of something wrong but something right." King Tord stopped mid-sentence and looked at him.
"I'm sorry my lord I must go.." Matthew stood up and hurried off to the castle. He made it inside and up to his quarters. He sat down and sighed looking out the window unsure of this feeling. He has never felt this before, no matter how far back he thought. He sighed and lay on his bed that was rather uncomfortable. His thoughts were racing as he tried to make sense of what just happened. All he thought of was his lord that laid a kiss on him. It was truly odd to think that the king has any type of feeling for him. He would expect the king to at least have respect for him in a courtly manner but not love. He then decided to go after him instead of running away. The king was promised to another later today anyway, so the knight with the scrambled brain went after the king. He walked into the dining hall looking at the king and this odd-looking lady on his arm. It would be far too early for them to even have seen each other. But as the knight looked at them he noticed that his king's eyes weren't a charming brown. No. They were a dark crimson and the woman was cast in a light of red.
"My King?" He came into the crowded room making the knight anxious. King Tord looked at his knight and it seemed his eyes turned. His brown eyes returned for a split second but it was long enough for him. Matthew knew what was happening. He was unaffected by his deep true love for the king. That love protected him. He looked around and realized everyone else was under her spell. His inner anxiety was through the roof at this point. He turned around and everyone was staring at him. All of their eyes were crimson as they stared through him to his core he was shaking. He hated being the center of attention but when his king looked, he knew that look in his eyes was saying save me. This sent Sir Matthew a shot of confidence. He looked at Tord and knew what he had to do.
"Leave him alone....Leave the people alone!" Sir Matthew yelled at her.
"Oh, I can't just leave him alone." The lady snarled at him determined to not let him persuade her.
"Fine, then I'll make you let go!" He yelled and lunged at the lady attacking her. She dodged the attack and laughed evilly.
"Oh, you puny boy. Do you believe you can take me down? How unnatural!" She cackled, and then her eyes turned red as she transformed. Her form took a shape of that of a large wolf who would stand on its hind legs. "Come and get me!" The beast grabbed the king and left out a window. Sir Matthew quick to follow, decided to go after them. He hopped out and landed in a pile of soft hay. He swiftly went after his king and the beast. He grabbed a nearby horse and saddle up, to cut off the beast on the path.
"Oh, Matthew you think you can keep up?" They snarled. Then it jumped across up in the sky landing over the forest where Matthew was stuck riding through. He hurried to catch up to them. As he and his steed made it to the edge of the forest his steed turned to ash. He tumbled forward and landed near the feet of the monster. He stood up and grabbed a nearby stick, making it laugh a crooked laugh.
"Release him!" The knight yelled loudly looking up at the horrid creature.
"Never!" It growled as it picked up Matthew. But he, being a quick thinker, grabbed his dagger and stabbed the beast. It wrenched back dropping him and the king to the ground. Matthew grabbed the king's sharp crown and stabbed the beast in the foot. It fell back and landed in a large break in the crust of the Earth. The screaming of a poor soul was heard as the fake lady fell.
"Oh, what happened?" King Tord looked at Sir Matthew.
"Well my lord a lot happened." He told his lord everything that happened to him and the townspeople. King Tord looked at the knight with love in his eyes and grabbed his face again.
"Thank you, Sir Matthew." Then the king met lips with his knight again as a thank you and a proposal of love. The people learned of the heroic act and celebrated Sir Matthew. They learned to respect the King and the knight because of their tale. The is was written down in history books around the world. The story of the great beast, the king, and the knight.
"And that's how I met your father..." Matt closed the story book.
"You we're a king dad?" Her head peaked up looking at him.
"You could say...but get some sleep dear....it's bed time..." Tord pulled up the covers and kissed her head.
"Goodnight princess..." Matt kissed her head too as they snuck out.
"Sir Matthew..." Tord chuckled walking off.
"King Tord...." Matt followed.