Above and Below

A vent clattered onto the ground. Veer jumped down seconds after beside the vent. She quickly ran against the wall while gripping onto her pistol.

After a few seconds, she backed away from the wall and stepped directly under the vent. Looking up at Echo's face, she called, "Jump down. We're clear."

King dropped down beside her and looked around barely before looking back at Veer. "You have any idea on where to head first?"

Veer glanced around before answering, "Me, Sebastian, and Siri were put in the area over there." Veer pointed towards one of the hallways.

Echo dropped down beside them while King asked, "So that means Zelda's in that hallway too?"

"Wait, why would she be in that hallway?" Echo questioned.

"Because that's where me, Seby, and Siri were put." Veer responded.

Sebastian dropped down next to them. "Well, that could've been a coincidence."

"Yeah, it probably was. Should we go the other way?" Echo wondered.

Venom landed onto her feet in the middle of them. "I say other way. They probably put you guys over there because the other side is already full. And I'm guessing the prisoners from the city is filling that side which means Zelda's probably there."
Everyone looked at each other and then turned back to Venom.

"That makes sense." Echo mumbled.

"Agreed. Let's go that way." Sebastian said.

They went towards the direction opposite from where Veer and Sebastian were imprisoned. Before crossing a hallway, they hid behind the corner. King peeked his head out and turned back to the others.

"I saw some soldiers running the direction of where you guys were put." he mentioned as looking specifically at Veer and Sebastian.

He turned back and ran past the hall. Everyone else followed. They stopped at an intersection where a hallway to the right was full of cells as another straight ahead that led into a right hallway as well.

"We search these two halls. If Zelda's not here, we continue progressing through this area." Veer instructed.

She ran down the hallway with her pistol remaining in her hand. Everybody went in the hallway with her.

Veer peeked inside the cell before backing away and aiming her pistol at the cell door.

"Wait!" Echo said in a low tone.

Everyone turned to him. He had his hand open towards Veer. "Won't they find us?"

"There are gunshots everywhere because of the climbers. And there's no other way to open them." Veer responded, turning back.

She fired through the cell door handle. The door opened slowly, a small creak. Veer opened the door slowly and looked at a woman sitting inside the cell.

"We're gonna help you. You just have to cooperate." Veer said, everyone else doing the same with other prisoners.

The woman got up as nodding, a terrified and distrusting face being worn. She stepped out and looked around. Other prisoners were stepping out of cells.

"Sebastian, they're yours." Venom said.

Sebastian nodded as guiding the prisoner he saved towards the middle of the hallway. "I'm going to bring you guys back to a safe point where these guys can't find us. But we have to be quick and you guys have to trust me."

The woman Echo saved stepped up to Sebastian. "My daughter's in this hallway somewhere. Can I stay until we find her?"

Sebastian turned to Venom. Venom nodded yes and helped her prisoner towards Sebastian.