II

The classroom was filled with students laughing and chattering with each other. Even the presence of a teacher couldn't silence them. It was normal cause it was a substitution period anyways. Even the teacher didn't bother either. That explains why there was not even a chance that it was a matter of concern to my class. 

That is how my class had always been, carefree but chaotic. 

As I sat in my seat, I continued to scramble at the random sheet of paper in front of me, resisting the urge to laugh at the conversation of two girls sitting behind me. They would think I was eavesdropping on them but they didn't know that I was only interested in their talks cause I was bored. My bench mate was absent, not that she made my day any bearable still, if she would have been here I wouldn't be getting too bored. 

Or maybe I would still be getting bored. The first reason was that she never really talked much. The second thing was that even if she spoke, it would simply be so bland that it always made me want to change my seat right at that moment. 

I turned my focus back to the random doodles I drew on the paper. A cat, a unicorn and a cupcake - that is what I drew. It was very random yet it was my favourite thing to do whenever I got time. Although I should have probably started with my science work which was due in 2 days, I chose to ignore it. I was good at getting things done at the very last moment. Not something I should be very proud of but what mattered was getting the work done before the deadline so that counted for something. 

I was still bored in class but that was until Aaron came to sit with me. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. The only person I enjoyed sitting with was him. I wish he could always sit with me. Reason? Well, It was because I loved listening to him and even if he would ever talk blandly, I still wouldn't mind listening to him because I never found him boring. 

He always piqued my interest but he didn't even have a hint about it. Also, I was simply too shy to go up to him and confess, "Hey, Aaron, do you know how fascinated I am by you? Have you not gotten the hint already? How can you be so stupid, Aaron?" I would never be able to say this to him because I would never have that kind of courage, not with him at least. He was intimidating but in a good way. He looked like he could do everything with perfection and it was true. He was good at sports because I used to observe him every time he would play with his friends, he was good at studies, he had a great personality, his laugh, his smile, his hair, his voice. Everything about Aaron was perfect and everything he did was even more perfect. 

"I have a doubt in this chapter in maths." I turned my attention to him as soon as he spoke. "If you could probably explain it to me?" 

"Sure," I smiled and reached for my bag to take out my maths book. I wasn't even sure if I would be able to solve his doubt. What if I would make a fool of myself? No, that would be so embarrassing. God, I was just overthinking. Nothing like that could happen if I would just concentrate on solving the question rather than thinking about the worst-case scenario. 

"Here," I said as I placed the book in front of us. He searched for the question in the book while I kept looking at him.

Hell, he even looked perfect while just searching for some question in a book. How did he even manage to do that, I would like to get some tips from him. Like, "Yes Aaron, can you solve this doubt of mine that how does one manage to be perfect all the time?" But again, he would probably think that I had simply lost my mind and needed some sort of therapy. That wasn't the case though. In my defence, I was just so fascinated by him like I couldn't even explain it in words. 

"This one," He pointed at the question. I read it and yes, I was glad that it was the same question that I had solved yesterday. Not that I wanted to but everything happens for a reason. "Is it difficult?" He asked. 

"No," I replied as I solved the question in my spare notebook. "Ok, now listen." I shifted my notebook toward him so that he could look at the solution while I would explain the question to him. 

As I continued explaining, the only thing I noticed was that he kept looking at me the whole time and for God's sake, I wanted to roll myself like a ball or probably even disappear because Aaron was looking at me. 

Aaron 
was 
looking 
at 
me. 

I didn't even know why he was looking at me and I never even asked. My mind replayed this incident a hundred times because what if he was only looking at me because he regretted asking me for help. What if he was thinking that I didn't know how to explain? Or maybe I was explaining the question wrong to him. Maybe he was taking my test to see if I was smart when in reality I was stupid. There could be so many possibilities. 

But I would be lying if I said that I didn't find it attractive. Everything Aaron did would always be attractive to me. 

"You are sure that you understood the question, right?" I asked, keeping the book back in my backpack. It seemed as if I was more concerned than him, about his doubt at that moment. 

"I did understand the question, Skylar." He assured. I did believe everything he said and I would continue to believe in him even in future. Maybe, he did understand the question so I should just stop overthinking. Moreover, if he would have any doubts in future as well, I would always be ready to solve all his doubts. 

For the rest of the period, I listened to Aaron talk with his friends and in between, he would talk with me now and then. Every time he said something, I laughed or smiled and he laughed along. It felt amazing to laugh with him. I don't think I had ever enjoyed laughing this much with someone else as I did with Aaron. One day maybe I could be able to tell him how much I enjoyed doing everything with him. Until then, I would just keep this to myself. 

"How much have you read?"I look at him, Aaron has not said a single word ever since he started reading the diary. I wonder what he must be thinking. 

"Still reading." He gives a subtle reply, "I am just contrasting now and then." 

I laugh as I understand what he meant by that. "You're dumb, Aaron." 

"I know." He smiled. His smile is still perfect and will always be perfect. The wordings I used in the diary about him can be cringe but everything I wrote in it was true. Although, he still doesn't know about it. 

"Have you ever talked this lovingly to me now?" He asks but I just laugh. 

If only you could read my mind, Aaron. Maybe then you'll know how I talk about you...