Chapter Twenty-Six: Ice Cream or Pizza

Start from the beginning

 What just happened?

"Now how about I get us some ice cream," Jasper said, taking the device and placing it on top of his covers, "Then let's watch any movie of your choice."

How the hell can he stay nonchalant after what he just did?!

Here I was, having an inner monologue about enjoying my youth and doing something irresponsible and here he goes doing something mature.

Gosh, I sound like I've completely lost my head already.

"Jasper!" I exclaimed, shooting up from my spot. His eyes focused on me, telling me to continue with whatever I was going to say, but I can't think of any way to put it into words. I balled up my fist and screamed a long, "Aaaah!"

He leaned back a little in shock, but then he spoke, "Or pizza could work too."

He's missing the point.

"Do you have any idea on what did you do?" I started flailing my arms, "You can't just do that out of the blue and expect me to be alright with it."

He also pushed himself up off of his bed and grabbed my shoulders to make me look directly up to him, "If I didn't do it, this would have dragged on for a few more chapters."

"Chapters?" I questioned, tilting my head to the side, "What are you talking about?"

"I meant days," he corrected himself, "It may even go on for weeks."

I was being dramatic, I knew it, but this had been puzzling me for a long time and out of the moment, he decided to just do it.

"I wanted to see the sights with you," I mumbled, defeat finally leaking into my voice, "I want to taste the exotic treats," I continued on, "Heck, I want to get lost."

"You really are one of a kind, Savannah Everett," he chuckled, "Calm down, this isn't the end of everything."

"What if I do something out of the blue with you?" I muttered grumpily like a child, "What if I suddenly decided that I want to break up with you?"

Without even a second to think about it, he answered my question with no hesitation, "Then I'll try every single day to win you back."

Perhaps I was getting soft, because with that simple statement, it was enough to melt all of my annoyance away. I finally relaxed from my rigid stance, and slightly look down on the ground in shame, I apologized under my breath, "I'm sorry."

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and offered me one of his boyish smiles that I couldn't help but ravel in, "It's alright, I understand where you're coming from."

God, tell me what incredible thing that I did to deserve this man?

"Now how about that movie?" he reminded once again, guiding me to the door, "So are we going for ice cream or pizza?"

Trying to push away the negativity, I faked a smile towards him, "Both."

He shrugged, "Anything you want."

*

*

*

"Savannah!" Jasper called out, running to catch up with me as I was already on my way to the small room for the student body officers.

I halted in my steps and waited for him to reach me. With his speed, it wasn't really that hard, "Let's go home together, we can stop anywhere you want."

I was still slightly bummed out about the whole ordeal, but I was trying to hide it from Jasper. I was hoping that he was buying the act, but for the fact that I noticed his sudden increase of affection, I'm sure that wasn't the case.