shade

Anastasia pov

"We have a problem." HR said as he walked into the workshop with a board.

"Yeah, we do. He's still here." Cisco said sarcastically.

"Cisco, comedy of the obvious.
I made a pact to justify my presence on your Earth and I think I got something." HR smiled.

"We're all ears." I sighed, too early for this shit.

"Okay.
I read every news report I can get my hands on.
And I have concluded that this very operation is a ticking time bomb." HR said.

"What do you mean?" Caitlin asked.

"You can't spend all your time working on...
working on whatever... whatever this is." HR waved the power-dampener cuffs in front of Cisco.

"This... this is a very delicate set of power-dampening cuffs.
We need them to stop the meta-humans." Cisco took them from HR.

"My point exactly.
It's not gonna be long before people start putting the pieces together and figure out what you're doing here.
You're working with The Flash." Hr said and walked to the board he brought with him.

"Okay, so what's your idea?" Caitlin asked.

"The perfect disguise.
We reopen this laboratory and I become the face of the new S.T.A.R. Labs Museum." HR took off the fabric that covered the board to reveal a poster of the new S.T.A.R labs' museum.

"There's only one problem with that.
It's your face.
You're kind of a known murderer around these parts.
You see, the evil Wells, not to be confused with the dick-ish but not evil Wells, confessed to killing Barry's mother." Cisco told HR
"So basically, if you step foot outside this lab, you'll be arrested," Caitlin added.

"What... you're just telling me this now, you three rascals?
What about the cryptogram?
What about the message?
Come to this Earth. Get a fresh start." HR complained.

"Well, what about your resume as a world-renowned genius scientist?" I asked.

"That's a good point. I guess we're even.
If a string is in a knot, Patience will untie it.
Patience can do lots of things.
Have you ever tried it?
My dear ma used to say that to me all the time any time I had a problem.
Now I have a problem.
I guess I'm gonna use that adage to figure it out.
S.T.A.R. Labs Museum, think about it." HR said as he left without his board.

"You think everyone on Earth-19 is missing crayons in the box, or just him?" Cisco asked and I shrugged.
"Paging Dr. Snow.
Wow, you are out of it." Cisco said

"Sorry."

"This has anything to do with your recent visit with mom?" Cisco asked.

"I just... I haven't been sleeping well, but I'm okay." Caitlin answered.

"Coffee?" Cisco asked.

"Perfect."

"Let me get my alcohol," I said and Cisco left.

◇◇◇

Cisco walked into the speed lab where Caitlin and I were working, he looked around angry but said nothing.

"Yes?" Caitlin asked.

"Have you seen HR?" He finally asked.

"Maybe he's meditating in his room," I suggested.

"No, he's not there." Cisco walked to the microphone. "HR, you're needed in the Speed Lab, now."

"He could be doing inversion stretches in the intake," Caitlin suggested.