When It All Began

The next week

Einstein POV 

I'm friends with Q-Taro, but he has no clue about my raging love for him. Ever that since that day, the consent form, I've developed a massive crush for Q-Taro. 

As I put on my school uniform, and slid into my shoes, I picked up my bag and started walking to school. To my surprise, I lived relatively close to Q-Taro so we decided to walk to school together. We discussed all sorts of topics, like baseball, and our hatred for the hairy green man. 

We walked to form together, having a supply again, so we sat next to each other. Suddenly, the group of alphas walked up to us. 

"Hey Burgerburg, why have you started hanging out with HIM? He's a total loser, with no friends..?" a boy asked, his hair as yellow as pee, and dark eyebags. He wrapped his right hand around his neck and reached out with his left. Q-Taro looked at him with disgust, before returning to look at me with a charming smile. 

"Ignore them, Einstein cakes. They're not special." he smirked. I sighed before turning to the window, pinching the bridge of my nose with my thumb and index finger. Q-Taro looked at me with empathy, and wrapped his arm around me to give me comfort. 

I'm so done. I've always been the centre of bullies. Ever since I was small, I was bullied. Just because I was smarter than everyone else. 

I shot a sharp glance at the alphas. I was done with them. They quickly shuffled away, proving their fear. 

Finally. They know how strong I am. 

The day flew by, before I knew it we were in English again. I huffily passed Miss Millie my consent form. She grinned at me deviously as I proceeded to sit down. 

"Thank you class, seems everyone has signed it," she smiled, a hint of evil in her eyes. "The trip will be tomorrow, please wait outside the school at 9.30 A.M," she announced. The class became noisy with an instant, everyone getting giddy and shouting. 

Tomorrow? I will have to go shopping for some new clothes. I don't even know where we're going, but I'm excited and I want to look fancy.

It was the end of school again, and I decided to go to the mall on the way home. When I noticed Q-Taro shopping in the soup isle, I couldn't help but run up to him. "Hey shortie," he giggled. 

"I'm not short! I can reach the top shelf, look!" I proceeded to struggle, waving my hand upwards in an attempt to reach it. He snorted, covering his mouth, trying to not laugh. 

I deadpanned him jokingly before rolling my eyes. Later on he helped me find some clothes for the trip.

He recommended a dark brown suit with a green tie; it looked fancy. I tried it on and he showered me with compliments. I blushed a bit..

-------

The next day

--------

My alarm was screaming at me: 6:10 in the morning. I rubbed my eyes as I slowly sat up in my bed; trying to process what made me set my alarm so early. What was it?... Was I going somewhere?... 

Suddenly, it hit me like a flash. I realised I was going on a mystery school trip today, and eagerly hopped out of bed and into the shower. I put on the suit Q-Taro recommended me.

After tying my posh shoes, I set off walking to school. It was the normal routine; I see Q-Taro and we walk together. Considering how early it was, we popped into co-op for a cheeky meal deal, some sweets and a Lucozade. 

I checked my watch for the time; rolling up my sleeve to see. "8:45", it read. Shoot- it was nearly form time. We walked to school in a pace, and we got there in time. Another 30 minutes passed and we waited outside for a coach, or a bus, or whatever that was picking us up. 

I was looking down at the pavement when I heard the distant sounds of what seemed like a motorbike; a eeeeeeeeer approaching us. Not thinking anything of it, I didn't look up until Q-Taro silently, yet abruptly elbowed me. 

I looked up to see a bus; weirdly coloured- it was white, coated in black stripes, and for some reason, on the roof of the driver's seat had blue hair, with hints of yellow and pink.

"ALLLL ABOARD THE ALICEMOBILE!" the man in the driver's seat announced. It felt.. eerie in some way. As if it was a fever dream, it was unreal. It scratched the wrong part of my brain. Even though it felt weirdly off, I shoved the feeling away.

What could go wrong in a free school trip? 

I walked in first, Q-Taro following me behind. We exchanged nervous looks every now and then- the bus was MASSIVE. Seats were in rows of three, there was even a second floor, of which had a pink and yellow floor, however the first floor was just a light blue. 

Me and Q-Taro sat together, however no one sat on the set next to us. We discussed whatever came to mind, anything to keep the conversation going. Every now and then, one of us would crack a joke and we'd both burst out laughing. He really was perfect. 

After about an hour, the bus was still going. Concerningly, I looked around. A white gas slowly slid through under the chairs, and slowly raised to the top. I nudged Q-Taro, but he had fell asleep. Not thinking much of it, I just plugged in my earphones and closed my eyes.