11.

A/N

MILD SUBSTANCE ABUSE PRESENT IN CHAPTER

Vienna's P.O.V

Before I knew it, I was downing my third can of beer as I continuously swayed back and forth to the loud music with Sam close by my side.

"Having fun yet?" Sam whispered into my ear, his fingertips dancing diligently along my skin. Normally this would bother me, but in that moment, I barely paid it any mind.

"No!" I replied with a grin, dancing into him.

He playfully rolled his eyes, moving to the beat as I did the same. Everything felt so light and like it didn't matter. For once, I felt amazing and I didn't want it to ever end.

Soon after I had finished my drink, Sam pulled me away from the makeshift dance floor to the bar area.

"Want another?"

I eagerly nodded, as I sat down onto the leather covered stool, watching him as pulled one out from the cooler. He quickly handed me the cold beverage, allowing me open the can and take a long sip.

"I think she's had enough, Sam," someone announced as they walked up to my side.

I turned my head to see Josh glaring down at me, a smirk playing on my lips.

"Oh, poor Joshy is worried," I giggled.

He looked down with soft eyes, "You're going to be hungover tomorrow either way, but you'll thank me if you stop drinking now."

Sam chuckled, "Since when were you against drinking?"

Josh tried to reply, but nothing came out, leaving us in awkward dull of quietness. I soon got bored of the silence, deciding to go back onto the dance floor.

Four drinks quickly turned into five, then six, continuing on until I lost count completely.

Before I knew it, I was laying on the leather couch, my head in Sam's lap, feeling as though I was a million miles away.

The joint happily left my fingers, leaving a trail of smoke behind as another beer took it's place beneath my grip.

Deep down, I knew it wasn't good to do both at the same time, especially to the extent I was doing them, but it didn't matter. My faded mind barely saw the repercussions as I continued to get utterly beyond wasted.

I wanted to be as far gone as I possibly could be.

I wanted to forget everything.

But the high quickly faded and instead of laying on the couch, my head was inside the toilet, throwing up everything that was inside of my stomach. And instead of Sam sitting beside me, Josh was there, holding my hair and rubbing my back soothingly. He had watched me the whole night, not having a single sip of anything.

"It's going to be okay, just let it out," He continuously whispered to me as the vile liquid poured out and an excruciating headache became prominent.

I quickly started to feel guilty, as I mumbled a slurred apology to Josh, "S -Shit, shit, shit, I'm so sorry, Josh. Y- You were right."

It didn't help because tears immediately rushed down my face, as I was regretting my childish decisions more and more by the mere second. I wasn't a kid. I knew better. But I still gave into the overbearing weight of just wanting to let go, ruining it for everyone around me.

"It's okay, you're okay. It's going to be alright, Vi. There's nothing to apologize for," he frantically replied, attempting to move the stray hairs out of my face.