7.

Vienna's P.O.V

The second the van came to a screeching halt in the Kiszka's driveway, I allowed myself to follow the boys as they made their way into their dimly lit garage, listening in as they made conversation, with some light bickering mixed in, which made me smile to myself.

As I continued to observe the four boys who had gotten started on setting up all of their equipment, my father's words were relentlessly brought back into my exhausted conscious, causing my mood to completely shift from a version of some sort of contentment, to a deep rooted sadness as well as a longing for something I had never gotten the chance to experience.

The thoughts took me back, pushing me onto the couch, attempting to ruin my day, but I pushed them down as far as they would go as Jake started playing something to see if the amp was working, which it definitely was because it pierced my ears.

"Sorry about that!" Jake called out to me, most likely knowing the three other boys were expecting it. He then swiftly made his way over to the worn out amplifier, turning the volume tab down. After a second of fiddling with it, Jake sighed, going back to his spot on the right of Josh. "Alright, I'm ready." And with that, they were quickly off playing in their own little worlds, not a care in sight as they all moved to the rhythm.

After multiple songs, the music died down and Josh looked at me, smiling, coming down from his high, even if it was just a practice. "We're gonna clean everything up, but after that, I'll be all yours."

My nose scrunched up immediately, a pit forming in my stomach, "Don't say it like that."

He rolled his eyes, "You know what I meant, Vienna. Chill."

I tore my eyes away from him, deciding to get my notebook and laptop out, wanting to get the long research part over with.

I was a bit too far into the internet hole when Josh finally made his full presence known by flopping onto the soft couch beside me. I didn't look up at him, not wanting to lose my precious spot in the article I had spent entirely too long reading, knowing that if I drew my attention away, I would have to go through all of it again.

"Some interesting stuff in there?" Josh questioned.

"Hmm."

There was a few minutes of silence as Josh pondered something unknown.

"I think we should do something. Get the creative juices flowing."

My obsessiveness over my spot in the worthless article quickly dissipated as I shot my eyes up at him.

"I am doing something."

A smile played on his face as he shook his head, "But reading an endless article isn't fun."

I directed my attention back to the darkened computer screen. "Well, sometimes you have to do things even when they're not fun."

"Oh, c'mon! Just this once and I promise you, tomorrow I'll be the best at reading any articles you throw at me."

My eyes went back to the boy sitting beside me, as I reluctantly sighed, "You're not going to give up until I say yes, are you?"

His smile grew, "Obviously not... so, that's a yes?"

"Whatever."

He jumped up happily, "Good thing because I'm not going to lie, I am not in the mood for this today."

"I can tell."

He laughed slightly, "Let me go tell my mom I'm taking the van, I'll be right back."