8.

Vienna's P.O.V

For the remainder of the week, it was just that. Peaceful.

But, with that electrifying feeling, also came a constant underlying worry that I would come home and neither of my parents would be there.

This feeling continued over the course of the next few days, as they seemed to be blending together more and more, to create an endless and foggy loop of time that would consume me eventually.

Wake up, go to school, go to Josh's, come home, go to sleep, repeat.

Not to mention Josh and I were getting absolutely nowhere with our godforsaken project.

Josh would come up with an idea to put into the paper and I would shut it down, the same thing occurring whenever I presented an idea. So, ultimately, we were stuck with no direction, which made my never ending time loop seem to drag on even longer.

Luckily, throughout the remainder of the week, I was able to suppress the wondering thoughts and panic that were begging to be set free into my whole body the second things got to be too much.

I think Josh noticed my struggle, because he backed off slightly, which helped me to relax more, but I still felt extremely on edge.

Either way, here I was, Saturday morning, sitting on my bed after sleeping in longer than I probably should've.

I somehow made it through the week I never thought I would.

I shrugged off the thoughts, not wanting to think about them anymore, as I got up from my plush bed and tried my best to maneuver over the piles of random items I couldn't even begin to recognize.

Once I successfully made it to the olden wood door, my hand found the handle and pushed it open, causing a flood of light to spill into my darkened room.

I had to turn my head away, blocking it out as I walked into the hallway and down to the very empty kitchen.

I quickly started opening cabinets, until my eyes fell on red box of pancake mix, making a smile grow on my face, as I realized I would get to eat the food I haven't in so long, that used to be my favorite.

I brought the fragile item out, sitting it down onto the marble island, looking carefully at the simple instructions.

Once I had a decently sized bowl, I poured around a cup of the mixture in as well as a little less than 1/2 cup of water.

After sometime, and a bit more effort than I would like to admit, I had two medium sized pancakes sitting on my plate, along with a bottle of whip cream in my hand that I had found in the refrigerator, trying my best to not think about how it got there, just attempting to enjoy the moment.

I shook the bottle, taking off the cap and mistakenly pressing it down.

It covered my face entirely.

I let out a loud laugh as I realized what I had done, attempting to rid some of it from eyes as I heard my phone loudly ring.

I hastily made my way upstairs, gliding into my room as the whipped cream seeped into my skin and as my fingers tried their best to clean the mess up.

I answered the call without looking.

"Hey!- Vienna! Oh my gosh!" Josh's voice called out as his face appeared on my screen.

A wave of embarrassment washed through me as he laughed boyishly at my appearance.

I moved the phone away quickly.