Chapter 4 - Forgiveness 2

3rd POV

It was silent, no one moved a muscle. The tension could be felt throughout the room. Until the sound of footsteps could be heard as Mikasa walked up to Eren. Eren still had a blank expression but his eyes say otherwise. Mikasa was on the verge of tears. She walked up to Eren then...

 She walked up to Eren then

Eren: I'm sorry, Mika.

Mikasa: It's ok you just wanted to protect us. I'm just glad your back.

They look at each other for a while with Eren having a small smile as he kisses her forehead making her blush and the others glare.

Mikasa: You are spending time with me after this. You are not leaving my side until I say so.

Eren lightly chuckles as he caresses her cheek with her nuzzling into his touch.

Eren: Never change, Mikasa.

The next was Eren's mentor from the 104th and although they won't admit it, friends.

When Annie saw Eren she went into her fighting stance expecting him to do the same but he didn't. Instead, he gave her a small smile and said.

Eren: It's ok Annie I won't stop you.

He was expecting to get beaten to a bloody pulp after all it wouldn't be the first time Annie did that to him. But no beating came, instead, he felt hands wrap around him.

He wasn't expecting her to hug him but that did not stop him from hugging back

He wasn't expecting her to hug him but that did not stop him from hugging back. Though he was still confused as to why she was hugging him.

Eren: I'm sorry... Annie.

When they looked at each other Annie noticed his confused expression so she shed a little light on the matter.

Annie: No, I'm sorry if it wasn't for us you wouldn't be like this. All that racism and oppression pushed you closer to the edge. With us and Marley being the ones that pushed you over the edge. Besides never liked those bastards anyway. The only reason I even fought for them was for my father.

Ruby: Swear!

Everyone in the room slowly looked at Ruby who was nudged by her sister for ruining the moment.