Vol. 2 Chapter 2: Dwarves

Start from the beginning

Obviously, they should clean up the name of one of their best fighters in the guild. But why you declined Claire?

"Is that so? I'm not scared of death, and nothing will change that. Also I have owe her a date, Even though you said those made-up horror story shits, I'll still go 'in." (Liam)

I'm not entirely concerned by trivial matters of a girl being isolated from the rest of the world, but still seeing her smile like that is truly unfair. It might be my denialism that I'm doing this stuff, damn I'm so stupid.

And if there's indeed a curse that will kill anyone who comes near her. I don't think it will work on me, who isn't even a living thing in the first place.

"Heh... Good luck then, don't go dying." (Luka)

Luka cracked a grin while looking at me.

I left the guild as my errands finally ended. I'll return in the next morning to get my updated dog tag, so before that I should go to do something different to ease my boredom.

"Where the heck should I go now? Maybe Sistiene's place? Alright, let's pay a visit." (Liam)

While muttering, something reflected on my sight, and those are quite familiar ones.

"Holstein size captain?." (Liam)

One of the Jade Knight Order captains was riding a horse with some associates in the same direction as me. Are they possibly going to Sistiene's place? Moments later, it seemed they finally noticed me.

"You're Lady Sistiene's fiance Liam, right? Oh where's my manners, I am Dina of 5th Platoon of Jade Knight Order." (Dina)

Dina is the Holstein size name? other than Ivy, Charlotte, and Amelia. I interacted with her the least of the rest of the people I knew from the knights accompanying us.

"I'm Liam Iserlohn. It's my pleasure to finally and formally know each other." (Liam)

I almost said nice to meet you, but I had already met her several times during our escort mission, though we didn't have much time to talk to each other.

"There's no need to be formal. Are you going to Lady Sistiene's place also?." (Dina)

"Yeah, I am." (Liam)

"You could hop a ride with us if you want. We have a carriage at the back." (Dina)

Looking at the back, there's an empty carriage with only a coachwoman. It isn't bad to take a ride with them; our objectives are still the same. It won't hurt me if we get along for a bit.

"I'll gladly accept then, I'm grateful." (Liam)

We travelled for a couple of minutes before reaching our destination. It's a tall and weirdly constructed 65-storey building built by dwarves. Man, look at these. This building shouldn't exist in this underdeveloped country like the Imperium.

I started to walk towards elevator to lift us in Sistiene's room on the 60th floor, escorted by a heavily armed knights corps. The higher the floor seems, the more expensive it is. What the heck is that logic? Isn't it the same or just the content of each floor that differs, as the higher the floor, the more luxurious it becomes?

"We're here, Lady Sistiene's exclusive property." (Dina)

Exclusive property? So she bought one of these expensive ass apartments? Talk about the flex of purchasing power.

Upon opening the elevator door, something was flying at me at quite a speed. It's a pillow, a pink one. Quite a girlish color we've got here. But it didn't hit a thing as I dodged it flamboyantly. Just kidding, I caught it by hand.