1. bloom later

Beginne am Anfang

"What are you looking at?' Bea came at sat across from me at our table.

"A boy?" Darcy teased.

"She's probably already trying find her marks this term." Tara joined in.

"Haha so funny." I put my phone down. Luckily Elle came over.

"Who's this?" Tara asks.

"This is Elle. She just transferred here from Truham." I replied. "Elle, this is Tara and Darcy."

"And Bea." Bea added.

"I already know who you are, silly." Elle sat down with us.

The rest of the day went normal. I finished school, went home, did homework. and slept. That's pretty much how the whole week ended up going. Then came Saturday.

————
connorevansss tagged you in a post

@connorevansss

connorevansss my week!??!!?!

nelson_nick1 started following you
just now

————

I looked down at my phone while eating breakfast.

"Something more important than good ol' family time?" Trev nudged me.

"No" I put my phone away.

"Today we are going to the Nelsons for dinner." Dad had a huge grin.

"Sounds exciting." Connor said sarcastically.

"Why?" I looked over at my father.

"Sarah invited us out of the blue. I guess she misses us too much."

"And you agreed? Stop trying to make things normal again. We haven't talked to these people in years and all of a sudden we are going on fucking holiday with them and going over to their house for dinner? Nothing will be the same without mom." I stormed off to my room without finishing my breakfast.

After a few hour of sulking in self pity I decided to get ready because I guess we are going to Sarah and Nick's house.

————

"Okay no fighting." My dad said as we pulled into the Nelsons driveway.

"We are not 5." I rolled my eyes.

We walk up to the door and knock. Sarah answered the door and let us in. My dad went to the kitchen to help Sarah while Trev, Connor, and I sit down in the living room. No sign of Nick yet. Thank god.

"I'm home." I heard the door open and turn around to see Nick looking musty with his rugby bag. "Oh, uhm, hey guys."

'Hey." Connor was the only person to reply.

"Nick go take a shower." Sarah laughs as she pushes Nick up the stairs. "Sorry about that."

After a few minutes Nick comes back down with wet hair and sits next me on the couch. I avoid eye contact at all cost.

"You playing rugby this year Nick?" Trev looks up from his phone.

"Yeah. Quite surprised to not see you there." Nick rubbed his knees nervously.

"Not my thing anymore." Trev went back on his phone.

"He has commitment issues with relationships AND sports." I joked and Nick chuckled.

"Dinner is ready." My dad popped into the living room.

We all went to the table. I sat between my brothers while My dad, Sarah, and Nick sat across from us. After eating with totally awkward conversation everyone sat in the living room.

"How about the 3 of yous go up to Nicks room while we sort out some holiday stuff." Sarah smiled at us.

"Can I just stay down here and help?" I suggested.

"It's just adult stuff sweetie." My dad quickly replied.

We all follow Nick to his room as he went on about how sorry he is because its apparently a mess. It in fact is not. He's always kept his room clean, even when we were little. He used to get mad at me for having a messy room or accidentally messing up his.

"Wow mate, so messy." Trev joked.

"It's definitely changed." Connor looked around.

"This is awkward so i'm just going to sit in this corner over here and ignore you guys. Have fun." I smile and sit in the bean bag in the corner of Nick's room.

After about an hour my dad came up to tell us we are leaving. Connor and Trev said goodbye but I walked out without a word.

"You could be nicer to Nick." My dad broke the silence in the car. "He's really excited to start seeing you guys again."

"We weren't being rude, it's Iris." Connor defends him and Trev

"Maybe I just don't like the idea of hanging out with a rugby lad." I leaned my head on the window.

"Just try to be nice okay?" My dad rubs the top of my head.

"Whatever."