Perhaps

When Derek arrived at work, Stiles was already there, notebook in hand.

"Stiles," he gave a nod towards the coffee cup on Stiles' desk, "Mine on my desk?"

Stiles looked up, "No, I decided to drink it myself instead of putting it on your desk like I always have."

Derek's head dropped. That had been a stupid question. He just didn't know what to say to Stiles.

"Sorry," Stiles sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, "I'm just...that was unnecessary."

Derek cleared his throat, opting for another, hopefully less stupid, question. "Anything I need to know?"

"Yeah," Stiles flipped back a page on his notebook.

Derek started towards his office, knowing Stiles would be behind him.

"We have three model interviews lined up for today; Damon Salvatore, Marcel Gerard, and Keelin Malraux. Also, two designer meetings; Marin Morell at ten and Jordan Parrish at two. Jennifer Blake wanted one as well, but I assumed that would be a no so I politely declined. I also reached out to Lexi Branson to set up a meeting. I know how much you enjoy working with her. I'll let you know when I hear back."

Derek couldn't help the small smile that pulled at his lips. Stiles was too good.

"Sounds great. I'll have you attend the Model interviews with Elijah. I want to handle the designer meetings alone and I know he'll want to be a part of the model interviews."

Stiles scribbled in his notebook, "I'll make sure to schedule the interviews at ten and two."

Derek nodded, pleased that Stiles understood.

"Anything else you need from me?" Stiles asked, finishing his note.

"Uh, actually yeah..." Derek cleared his throat.

Stiles looked up to see Derek straightening his tie clip.

"I wanted to...thank you."

"For?" Stiles' brows furrowed.

"Last night. You said some things that gave me clarity. I just wanted to thank you."

"Oh. Sure. Glad I could be...of assistance," Stiles gave an unsure smile.

Derek's jaw clenched, "Assistance, right," he hated that he kept forgetting that Stiles was doing a job. To him this was just a job. Derek was just a job.

"That's it," Derek snapped, with a wave of his hand, unable to hide the animosity in his tone.

Stiles, however, seemed unfazed as he returned to his desk.

Thirty minutes into Stiles arranging Derek's schedule, the rest of the team started to trickle in. Each one giving Stiles a knowing smirk. None said a word though. Not until Lydia.

Lydia walked in with her purse on her shoulder, a coffee in hand and a tight smile.

"Stiles," Her tone was sharp.

"Lydia."

"Could you come to my office at your earliest convenience? I would like to discuss something with you."

"Well...I have a busy day but-"

"It's important," She cut in.

Stiles sighed, "I suppose I can follow you now." He guessed what she wanted to discuss was Derek.

"Great," She spun on her heels and started down the hall.

When they reached her office she gestured to the door, "Do you mind?"