~Llewyn Davis, Pick Up~

Fingers tapped the steering wheel, wind whipped past the open window, and music blared throughout the car. She bobbed her head slightly to match the rhythm of the song.

She was out on the emptiest road, a few hours from sunset. She continued on the whirly, open road, few trees blocking the view.

A figure in front of her caught her eye as it slowly came into view, she recognized it as a person and slowed down. He held out his arm lazily, his hand in a thumbs-up position.

She stopped so the passenger window stopped next to him. He leaned in the window, he wore a long jacket, a loose scarf, held a ginger cat and guitar, and had wavy hair with a scruffy beard to match it.

"You alright?", she asked wondering what he was doing in the middle of no where.

He laid a hand gently on the open window seal, "Yeah, I'm looking for a ride. It's on your way, the nearest city, that's all I need.

"Sure, get in", The car clicked as she opened the locks to the car. He opened the backseat door and put his guitar in, then he sat next to her in the passenger seat. As the wind shifted towards her from his movement, she noticed he greatly smelled of the outdoors. That and the cat, she could smell the cat.

"I'm y/n, by the way."

"Llewyn Davis", he said with a slight tilt of his chin. He looked out into the road as she started the car and began picking up speed.

She noticed he looked tired, his eyes struggled to stay open, his face stayed rested, and he sat slouched down in his seat.

"So, what are doing this far out with a cat?" She kept her eyes on the road but looked towards him every so often.

"I'm watching him for someone. It's kind of a long story".

The cat struggled against him, wanting to explore the car

The cat struggled against him, wanting to explore the car. "You can let him go if you want, I don't mind cats".

As she said this the cat slipped out of his grip and jumped into the backseat. She laughed as the cat lost their balance with the moving car.

She noticed a faint smile creep up on his face.

He didn't talk for most of the ride, but she found the determination to keep some kind of conversation. She wanted to see him smile more too, so she would try to tell a joke every so often. But she wasn't good with jokes, and she could tell he knew that.

She was positive the only thing he found funny was how awkward she was, but she didn't care. The two surprisingly never felt an awkward tension in the car, even when there was awkward silences.

They told each other a little about themselves and their situation, but she was more interested about him than telling him about herself.

They finally reached the city, and before he could ask her to drop him off somewhere, she asked, "Are you thirsty? I know a good cafe down the road".

"Actually, can you turn here? I think I know somewhere better, if that's alright", he sat up in his seat and directed her to a parking spot.

They both got of the car and headed in, he left the cat in the car but brought his guitar. She originally thought it was a protection thing until she saw a stage in the building. And on that stage was a guy with his guitar. She also noticed many tables and chairs laying around. It was like a music diner.

He directed her over to a table and she ordered some coffee, he ordered a water. They sat and sipped at their drinks as they watched the person sing on stage.

The person performing got up from his chair and began to walk away, Llewyn practically choked on his water and fumbled for his guitar. "Come on", he said already getting up.

He quickly reached the stage, claiming his turn in playing for the audience. He turned back to her now and gestured to a seat that was a few feet next to him.

He sat down, looked at imaginary thoughts in the air as he picked a song, then began at the strings.

He bobbed his head at the song and began to sing with it, his voice was angelic. She expected him to be good, but certainly not as good as he actually was.

His voice was as smooth as butter, and as he played, the shadows on his face lifted. He looked back at her every now and then smiling.

She could tell he had a passion in his music, the audience cheered after each song he played

She could tell he had a passion in his music, the audience cheered after each song he played. It was then that she realized he was more than a random guy she picked up off the side of the road.

She didn't want this to be a scenario where she left him in the city and never saw him again, she found him interesting and wanted to do more.

So that's what she did, she planned on seeing him again as he sang to the crowd. She continued to smile at his talent, and when he turned and said she could leave whenever she wanted, to just let him know so he could get the cat, she declined and insisted to stay.