Chapter 66: Meeting the Crazy Bastard Again

Depuis le début

Argus held no emotion on his face and continued to stare at the man in front of him as if he's confident that Wakasa can't do anything against him when suddenly something bothered him. It irritated him so much that a vein is popping visibly on his forehead as he tried to mask his annoyance with his signature smile.

"Hm? What's this? What's with that life in your eyes? Aren't you a bit discouraged by your lover's death?" Wakasa had no idea what he's talking about. He never thought that a little spark of light can still be seen in his eyes at this point after everything. To think that Argus noticed it first, it was just creepy to him. As Argus' taunting expression came back, he tightened his grip on the gun. It pissed him off to see Argus so laid back as if he isn't pointing a weapon at him at this moment.

"A pity you weren't in that mountain when we came." Wakasa immediately froze at what Argus mentioned. He now has a clear idea of what he meant. "I remember her calling out someone's name hopelessly. I assume it was you." Amidst Argus' loud and humourless laughter, Wakasa remained silent and frozen on his spot, feeling his throat dry out at the mention of Y/N's desperate call for help. Argus' thoughts were right. He really chose the right words to provoke the man in front of him.

Seeing the ghost expression on Wakasa's face satisfied him. It made him to want to add more fuel to the fire. It was amusing to him to see the face of someone grow pale at the mention of something traumatic to them.

"Ah! I guess you don't know." His grin widened as he watch Wakasa who's been quiet. So he decided to add more. "She was forcing herself to run away from our men, you know." Wakasa took a sharp breath in. He can feel his cold beads of sweats dripping down. He couldn't even pay attention to the men trying to attack them who are all blocked by their allies. At this moment, he can only hear Argus' voice and Y/N's voice in his head as his mind starts to come up with images that he never wished to imagine. "But in the end, she collapsed when she could no longer move her legs. You should've seen her crawling her way out of that cabin like a lab rat after being experimented on."

He's trembling.

Don't know why exactly. Out of anger? Frustration? Heartbreak? Guilt? Regret?

Every negative emotion is eating him up. He didn't even notice that a tear already slipped past his cheek. Every breath he's taking feels so heavy as if it's too much to take. Even when she's not here, he can hear her voice.

Her pained voice.

Her call for help that he failed to hear.

Seeing the effect it has on Wakasa, Argus smirked in his seemingly victory for himself. He knows Wakasa is already losing his mind over it. Afterall, it's the love of his life they're talking about.

Once again, as Wakasa remained quiet, he tried to provoke.

"It was fun watching her that way... So desperate." He said with a click of his tongue while shaking his head from side to side. And he could've sworn, it lit up something in the man as he tried to contain himself and steadied his aim at him.

"I'll kill you." Wakasa responded dangerously almost in a whisper. He was finally able to let out a word past his lips which he failed to do earlier. Although the trembling of his hands didn't stop. He couldn't even figure out what in the world was stopping him from pulling the trigger yet.

Argus then raised a brow at him before scoffing.

"She's still alive, isn't she?" Wakasa had no idea how he came into that conclusion when he was sure he shared no information about Y/N. But his taken back reaction gave it away, making Argus grin devilishly before laughing. Wakasa swallowed the lump in his throat, watching Argus' moves intently and not dropping his guard even for just a second.

Just then, Argus straightened up and raised a finger at him. With a crazy expression on his face, he spoke.

"You better give it your all tonight..."

In a blink of an eye, Argus already started to approach him. And Wakasa as well started to pull the trigger continuously although at a pretty late time. Unfortunately, Argus was inhumanely fast. His laughter kept on ringing in Wakasa's ears as he dodged every single bullet and was about to land a hit. Wakasa was just as fast as he dodged it and tried to get back at him with a kick. It was enough to cause them to pull slightly away from each other but it didn't stop Argus from using his tricks and slashed Wakasa on his hand with a dagger that he has with him all along. It caused him to drop the gun with a hiss.

Until he realized how close Argus got to him and all he could hear is Argus' voice beside his ear and see only Argus' hand right above his face holding the dagger and about to stab him.

"Or the next time I see her, I'll have her head hanging on Valencia's wall of collection." He said before pushing the dagger down only for it to stab the air as Wakasa was able to back away on time.

Wakasa glared at him while gritting his teeth. Rage building up inside of him at those words. The images flashed in his mind and his vision started to darken as his emotions got more and more difficult to control. One thing is for sure, he already readied himself for what is to come.

"I'll send you to hell before that happens." He coldly responded unblinkingly, letting Argus know that he's more than willing to face him in a life and death fight.

Once again this time they both approached each other with fists on air as they too engaged into a raging battle with each other.

___________
Author's Note:
Kreyzii the days pass by so fast ohmygah, I didn't realize it's been more than a week asfqksgajdh.

We're nearing the end~ Hopefully I'll have enough motivation tomorrow or the next next day to finish the last few chapters so I can finally complete this book🤧