Chapter Thirty-Six: Anniversary

(A/N: This is Lilja's dress from the last chapter)

Thorin

I wake up to a knock on the door, I sit up carefully not to wake Lilja.

"Come in" I say, Gandalf enters, I smile at him

"Gandalf, what can I do for you?" I ask the wizard

"I came to tell you that today is going to be a hard day for Lilja" He says

"What do you mean?"

"It's the anniversary of her family's death"

"You mean murder, what can I do to help her?"

"Watch her closely, now, there are certain things she will do, she will cry and scream, she will transform into her other form and climb to the highest place she can find around and roar, or she sometimes sings and cries. She may not eat, she may be moody, but stick by her, she may turn reckless"

"Reckless? What do you mean?"

"Last time she kept trying to kill herself, she would jump out of trees or in her other form pick fights with other animals. This is the worst day for her. She also might get sick a lot, watch her closely and don't let anyone aggravate her" Gandalf says, I nod

"Alright, should I tell the others?" I ask

"That would be wise, they need to know and try to help too"

Gandalf leaves and I put a top on and gather the others in the great hall, while Lilja is still sleeping, they all grumble at the early wake up call.

"What's up with the emergency meeting at seven in the morning? And where is Lilja?" Kili complains

"This is about Lilja and what today is for her" I say

"What do you mean?" Bofur asks

"It's the anniversary of her family's deaths" I say, then I tell them what Gandalf told me. They look shocked.

"We all have to keep a close eye on her so she doesn't do anything stupid, and we have to show her love and not be annoying" I say and give my nephews a hard look when I say this "That includes you Dis, be nice to her, she is already suffering enough. I don't need it to get worse"

Dis nods. I look at them all, Bilbo looks slightly terrified and worried, the others look worried, sympathetic and sad, Tauriel looks sad and sympathetic.

"I'm counting on you guys to help me today, don't bring up the subject unless she does ok? I've almost lost her too many times, I can't lose her now" I say, they nod and walk off, I walk back to my room and lay next to Lilja.

"I love you, you are so beautiful and amazingly strong, don't forget that" I whisper to her as I hold her.

Lilja

I wake up and realize what today is and suddenly feel sick, I run to the bathroom and start throwing up, I feel someone pull my hair out of the way and rub my back. I start crying.

"Shh, amralime, it's alright, I'm here for you, it's alright" Thorin says kissing my head. He helps me up when I'm done and I rinse out my mouth and continue to sob as he holds me.

"I'm going to get dressed" I say grabbing outfit like the one I wore on the quest but it's all black, Thorin nods.

"I'll be out here if you need me" He says and kisses my forehead, I nod.