1. Returning

Hunter POV

It was all quiet in the woods. They all stared blankly at the cabin door, where Luz stood trembling, in shock at what just happened. This had to be a dream. That couldn't have happened. King can't be gone. The Boiling Isles can't be gone.

As Hunter adjusted his breathing, he looked around at the others. Amity was in shock, her eyes widening and mouth half open. Gus was on the verge of tears, resting his forehead to the ground. Luz was stood, her legs shaking turning around to face her friends with nothing but shock registering on her face. Hunter frantically sought out Willow.

He breathed a sigh of relief. Thank Titan, she wasn't hurt. She was crouched next to him, breathing heavily and her eyes widening. She turned her head to look at Hunter, and their eyes met for just a second, and all of Hunter's worries seemed to melt away in that one second that their eyes locked and he was staring into her green eyes, but then he looked away. He had to stay focused.

As they all shakily stood up, Hunter rushed over to Gus, who was crying hard and Hunter put his arm around the young witch in an effort to calm him down.

"Hey, hey, it's okay Gus," whispered Hunter. "Look, steady on, deep breaths." Hunter took a deep breath while counting to four on his fingers and exhaled as he counted down, and Gus looked slightly more at ease as he mimicked him.

Hunter noticed Luz making her way over to Amity and Willow, and positively collapsing into Amity's arms, shaking uncontrollably as Amity soothingly stroked her girlfriend's hair and Willow slowly stroked Luz's back. 

As the shaken and scuffed gang got to their feet, they all turned towards Luz in unison. A single tear fell from Luz's face, and she didn't brush it away. She then turned towards the forest, and started walking without a word, Amity at her arm. 

None of them talked whilst they followed Luz out of the forest. She seemed to know where she was going and everyone thought it was best for her to be alone with her thoughts for the time being. They all clung to each other, desperate for body warmth in this cold evening. Willow had her arm around Gus, both looking stricken, and Hunter took the rear, his cautious instincts kicking in with being put in this strange world and looking out for any signs of danger. 

Hunter's mind was so blurred and foggy that he barely took in his surroundings as the group walked through the human realm to wherever Luz was taking them. He did notice, however, the strangely shaped houses, and how they were all neat and in a straight line. He almost jumped out of his skin when he saw some sort of vehicle whizzing past on the main path that separated the two sides of houses, with bright flashing eyes and a loud roaring sound.

They followed Luz up the path of one house, and Luz knocked on the door. Hunter cocked his head to the side, perplexed, as he stood beside Gus. Is she trying to break down the door or something? Is that a human thing you do when entering someone's house?

A few seconds passed and the door opened to reveal a woman in her mid-thirties with dark hair and red glasses. As she took a good look at her visitors, her eyes widened and she covered her mouth with her hand and let out a gasp.

"Hey, mom," Luz said shakily with a slight smile on her face. "I'm back!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my guys gals and nonbinary pals!! Welcome to the first chapter of "Two Halves make a Whole!" Hope you guys enjoyed the set up! It wasn't too hard to write as it was just repeating the events of the finale, but with Hunter's POV. 

Soooo I don't know how long the chapters will take to come out, as I'm still thinking of the story and how they'll get back to the Boiling isles, so that might take a while. In the meantime, I'll be giving you some fun fluffy slice of life fun with the gang interacting with the human realm (mostly in Hunter + Willow's POV), lots of fluffy Huntlow and some Lumity hopefully!

Hope you guys stick around and enjoy watching my crazy mind run wild!

See you next time,

-mayz