His Darkest Dreams Chapter 11

Start from the beginning

"Caitlin!" I whispered loudly, trying not to get Reuben and Susan's attention. I tried to resist whatever this canine is doing to me, I grabbed the carpet on the ground, even digging my nails against it to get a grip on it. Damn, by the looks of it, it was like my nails were leaving behind clawed nails.

"Caitlin!!" I whispered loudly again but I wasn't sure if she might've heard me. Before I was about to get dragged down the stairs, I had to think of something to distract this canine and get Caitlin's attention. Not sure how but I was thinking of only one thing. It may have to get Reuben and Susan's attention but I seem to have no other choice right now.

I sighed as I knew it wouldn't go so well...

I'm sorry.

"HELP!!!" I shouted loudly and hoped that Reuben and Susan wouldn't wake up since it is only for Caitlin. Whatever this canine is trying to do, it was either trying to drag me somewhere in the house or out of the house, who knows? I was still digging my nails in the carpet as the canine finally got me to the stairs, I can feel it trying to lift up my right leg and attempting to get me somewhere.

"Nick?" I heard Caitlin's voice as she was likely half awake and half asleep, unsure what she was looking at. She didn't know where I was so I shouted her name again.

"Caitlin! Down here!" I whispered quietly so that I could aid her to where my voice was. She came towards the stairs and looked down as I could hear her gasp. Caitlin then walked fast down a few steps and grabbed my left hand.

"Nick! What's going on?" Caitlin asked carefully quietly and tried to pull me away from the canine.

"I'm not sure...some kind of dog is trying to drag me, help me out, please!" I whispered back at her, out of nowhere I can hear the canine bark once then growled as if it knows what it is doing, or to let Caitlin know that it doesn't have any time to play around.

I heard Caitlin scuff, "whoa...what did you have for dinner tonight?" Caitlin asked.

"Not. Funny!" I shouted quietly to Caitlin.

"Sorry, but you just...ugh... feel like two hundred ninety pounds" Caitlin mentioned as if she can feel the weight or how strong this canine is.

"Sure, make fun of me all you want, not helping!" I shouted quietly at Caitlin again, even when I was holding onto Caitlin's hand I suddenly felt her hand slip, I was also let go from my right leg but a second later I felt four paws pounce onto my back and jump off me.

Somewhere upstairs from six steps away I couldn't hear anything for a solid five minutes. Those five minutes felt like it was too long, I was gasping for air, I stood up on both of my feet despite how dark the house is right now. Unsure what went wrong...I couldn't hear anything. It was too quiet...way too quiet. All I could hear was just my breathing and heartbeat racing.

"..." I didn't know what to think about what just happened, but it did leave me in confusion if Caitlin is okay. Although not just a gut feeling, something is entirely wrong.

"...Caitlin...?" I whispered trying to hear a response back from her.

Nothing.

I breathed, hoping that this was just another hallucination or a dream.

I felt hands pushing me and I flew towards the opposing wall with a very powerful yet strong force. I landed on my back against the wall as it was enough force that I ended up being slammed and breaking the wood behind me. I grunted and groaned. I didn't see what pushed me that hard but it felt like a bull trying to impale me with its horns, I grunted again, my eyes were shut tight and I felt a lot of pain in my chest.