"Oh yes, I guess you're right, I don't have sob stories like all of you. I could sit here and complain about how our mom liked Zuko more than me but I don't really care," She was lying, I could just tell. I felt bad deep down, not a lot but I empathized with her,"My own mother thought I was a monster. She was right of course but it still hurts,"

Kaito looked down, no one asked her anything. As if no one wanted to know, or no one cared enough to listen to her. It seemed like she didn't care, but it seemed like she had a lot to say. She just slowly dug her hands into the sand listening to everyone else.

Why are you even here?

"What Lo and Li said came true," Ty Lee said with a smile,"The beach did help us learn about ourselves. I feel all smoothed, I'll always remember this,"

"You know what would make this trip really memorable?" Azula said with a smirk.

Azula led as everyone went back to crash the party completely destroying everything. I watched in slight amusement at the craziness, all the kids ran out screaming.

Zuko gave me a look and I shook my head causing him to smile as he broke the table in half. The look on Chans face when the house went up in flames was definitely hard to forget. So I guess you can say it was a memorable trip to Ember Island.

>>>

Kaito, Ty Lee and I talked the entire walk back to the beach house. Well, mostly Ty Lee, she was really a ball of sunshine. Both of them seemed to just want freedom. Freedom to be themselves. A freedom they couldn't get with Azula. My plan just might be seeing some better light.

Azula placed her hand on my shoulder,"I've already spoken to father before we came here. He approved of you, as long as you do as I say you'll be strong enough to aid in a swift victory in the war," She said with a menacing smile.

"Dad heard about what happened in Ba Sing Se. He believes the Maiden of the Sea is a threat that can't be taken lightly," Zuko said worryingly,"He'll end up killing her,"

Maiden of the sea? So that's what they're calling me now. 

"He won't, you worry too much Zuzu. Father believes the Maiden of the Sea is a useful ally. I've convinced him to see dear Kya as a valuable asset. You should thank me, Kya is still here because I gave her an offer she couldn't refuse,"

An offer I couldn't refuse. I sighed to myself.

I avoided Zuko for the rest of the night, even until we boarded the ship I stuck around Azula and Kaito to avoid him asking questions about the other night. I didn't want to talk to him about the things I said around the fire, especially with Azula around.

"Now that you've made your resolve," Azula said in a slightly happy tone,"Let us see just how much potential you really have,"

I looked back as Zuko and Mai walked in the opposite direction on the ship. My chest clenched as I turned back to follow Azula and Kaito. Azula told me I would be strictly sparring with Kaito without bending for the time being. It was Kaito and her fire bending and me without water. I agreed to the terms she placed for me. It meant I could practice more. Or get burned trying to. Either way, Kaito was a capable fighter, not cutting me any slack whatsoever. Following Azula's orders as always. But it meant I could get her to my side without anyone being suspicious of me.

Trust yourself.

Once we were close to the harbor Azula handed me a more formal dress along with a golden flower hair piece with a long ribbon. She left without needing to tell me another word. I knew exactly what it meant. I was now considered the royal palace's property. And I have to deal with that too. I went to change and Kaito kindly helped me place their hair piece properly. My hair hasn't grown that much past my shoulders since I arrived, but it was long enough to be placed in a half up and half down style.

To everyone around you, you are no longer your own person.
——
(A/N: reference images as always.)

)