"I don't get drunk anymore, dad and I don't overwork either", Aaron rolled his eyes.

"Liar", everyone said in unison.

"It's the truth. I haven't got drunk since my wedding. Casual drinking, yes. But, not wasted drunk", Aaron said with a smile.

"We don't mean that, boss. It is the overworking", Peter joked.

"I did mean the drinking too. But, if you say so, then it is sad you don't get drunk anymore. Marriage ruins people", Daniel shook his head and mom hit him on his head.

"Why are you always hitting me, woman?" Daniel cribbed.

"Because you deserve it and there is no one else to do it for me", mom glared at him making us laugh.

"This is child abuse", he cribbed again.

"I think the patient needs to rest and we all need to go", dad said cutting the argument short.

"One of us needs to stay here and rest will visit again in the evening", mom declared.

"I can stay", I said.

"No, Amy. You need to rest. You are going home and coming back in the evening. Unless you want me to admit you in the room next to this one. Trust me, I can do it", mom said with finality. No room for argument left at all.

"So, there is someone who you can't argue with. Thank God", Aaron said under his breath and I shot him a glare.

"I'll stay", Daniel said and we all agreed.

A few weeks later...

"Carefully", I scowled at Aaron as we entered the house.

"Mel, I am okay. Relax", he chuckled.

"Shut up. You just got discharged, okay? You still haven't recovered completely. I think they discharged you just because of all your cribbing", I rolled my eyes.

"No, they discharged me because I have been there for more than three weeks since I woke up, my ribs and lungs are fine now, my arm will take about one more week and the injuries on my neck are all healed except the marks that will fade away on its own. Doctor's words not mine", he laughed as we walked to his room.

I rolled my eyes and made him sit on his bed saying, "Fine, but your injuries are still fresh. Your head is still bandaged and your arm still has a cast and yet, you walk like you own the earth. You have to be careful else-"

"Mel, you do realise that you worry a lot, right? It's okay", he laughed.

"It's okay? Do you get into such massive accidents everyday?" I glared at him.

"Mel, you know why mom and dad went back to Tennessee today? Because, they think that there is no use of them. You don't let anyone do anything. Actually, you know what? I think the doctors let me go because of your constant questions", he smirked at me.

"Aaron, don't make me hit you again. I...it doesn't hurt to be extra cautious", I blushed a little.

He just shook his head and rested his back on the headboard. I helped him become comfortable.

"I'll get your lunch. Do you want anything else?" I asked him.

"Oh no! Not that soup again. Can I get some real food please?" he asked making me purse my lips to stop myself from laughing.

"Would you prefer some porridge?" I asked biting my lip as I already knew his reply.

"I'd rather die", he made a face.

"Aaron", I warned him.

"Fine, fine. No taking about deaths. Soup it is", he said helplessly.

I went to the kitchen and quickly prepared the soup that the dietician has prescribed for him. I took it out in a bowl and went to his room again.