:Launchpad x reader::Too shy to say hi:

A/N: this was originally a request for someone on tumblr, hope you enjoy!
:Mutual friend, actor/actress, fluff:

    (Y/n) and drake were on set for 'Bushroot: the scientist beyond the roots', (y/n) was reading role for Dr.bushroot's one-sided love interest Rhoda Dendron and Drake was just there due to his affiliation with the canceled darkwing duck movie. But Drake and (y/n)'s affiliation go back to highschool so it was a happy surprise to see him again. "Oh (y/n) there is someone id like you to meet!" he chimes up from his spot next to them, (y/n) looked up from their script with a curious glint in their eye to see Drake leaning over his chair trying to coax someone over from the shadows. It took a little more than convincing but soon out of the shadow of the crew buffet table stepped out a large strapping duck rubbing one of his arms sheepishly as a red blush seeped out from his beak.
    "(y/n) this is Launchpad, Launchpad this is (y/n), we went to highschool together." (y/n) stood from their seat and went to shake Launchpad's hand "Nice to meet you!" They chimed sweetly which only made the large duck shy away even more, Launchpad had to be elbowed, pushed and prodded just to take (y/n)'s hand to shake it. The moment was tense and awkward but once that painful handshake was done (y/n) was called to the set to shoot a scene.
    Hours later (y/n) was back at their trailer, hair a mess and sweat plastered onto their forehead as they groggily pushed open the trailer door. What they really wanted now was a shower, a nice long and warm one, but the thought of the relaxing shower was smushed under the heel of fate as Drake and Launchpad sat on their couch. (y/n) smiled, only a bit annoyed at the intrusion but decided to entertain their guests for the night.
    One night turned into two, and two to three and soon (y/n) found themself being quite fond of the pair, especially launchpad, as Launchpad opened up (y/n) noticed how much of a sweetheart he was and how passionate he could be for the DWD franchise. One night during an after shoot escapade they were playing Jackbox party games as a pre-celebratory party since the film was nearing its completion stages. The trailer was filled with laughter and gasps as they played T.K.O. (y/n) was snuggled into Launchpad a bit causing the big dumb hunk to blush, and sheild his phone, as he slowly reciprocated by lowering his arm around their shoulders.
    The day came and tickets to the premier were being passed out to the staff and actors as well as an extra plus one ticket, Unbeknownst to the launchpad as he nervously stood at (y/n)'s trailer door some very pricey tickets hidden behind his back. He reached out a shaky fist and knocked on the metal door, there stood (y/n) in a satin dress/pants suit, their hair all done up in an elegant manner, it made Launchpad's heart skip beats and his face turn into a tomato. "Hey LP, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Drake?" they asked calmly, trying not to sound mean when asking the simple question.
    Launchpad swallowed hard as he began to stutter "W-well you see i uh.." he avoided eye contact with the smaller person but eventually found it inevitable as the gazed into their (e/c) orbs, he coughed into his free fist to clear his throat. Just then he shakily revealed the premier tickets he nabbed to (y/n), "would you like to go to the premier with me?" he immediately looked to the ground in fear of rejection. (y/n) blushed as they leaned against the door frame to their trailer, eventually they began to snicker which erupted into a light hearted laugh causing LP to look up in confusion.
    (y/n) wiped soft tears from their eyes as they looked at Launchpad "actually," they inquired, pulling out their own set of tickets, "i was gonna ask you the same thing!" Both of them beamed brightly as LP pulled (y/n) into a hug, ecstatic that he was their choice of a date. "But question," asked (y/n) as LP's eyes snapped open in worry "why didn't you ask me out earlier? I though i was dropping clear enough hints." jested (y/n) lightly. Launchpad took a step back and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly "well you see, i was always so nervous, it wasn't just because you are super pretty, super nice, super cool.." he went on causing (y/n)'s smile and ego to inflate. "But it was also because of your status, I mean you're a super cool movie star!     I didn't want you to lose future opportunities because of an idiot like me.". Hearing that shattered (y/n)'s heart as they gently walked forward and put their hand on LP's cheek "Oh LP.. you're not an idiot, you're a sweet and kind young man and i'm glad that i met you, i don't care if i lose future opportunities that just shows how greedy those companies are and i do not want to do business with them if they act like that." LP smiled, his brows furrowed upward , he gently pulled (y/n) in by their waist and mustered up enough courage to kiss them.
    (y/n) was taken back but soon melted into the kiss smiling as they cuddled closer into Launchpad's chest. "Wow, you went from being too shy to say hi, to smooching on me within the span of a month, you're quite the charmer aren't you Mr.McQuack?" That caused LP's face to once again erupt in a collage of red's as (y/n) chuckled holding onto LP's hand beginning to drag him towards their car for the long awaited premier night.