one : bean's first day

Bea groaned as she reached over to turn off her blaring alarm

   Bea groaned as she reached over to turn off her blaring alarm. She was tired, for she had stayed up talking to her twin brother until three that morning. Billy was still snoring across their shared bedroom.

"Billy!" Bea called across the room. Billy didn't stir from his sleep. She threw a pillow at him, and he jumped in response, waking abruptly.

"What time is it?" He groaned, moving to sit on the edge of his bed.

"7:00. We have to get Max to school."

Neither of the Hargrove twins really cared about school. The pair were 17 year old juniors due to failing their eighth. They simply didn't try, and that had a negative effect on their grades. They would skip if it wasn't for their responsibility of driving their step-sister. Neil would never let them hear the end of it if they made the red head late.

The siblings always had a routine when they got ready for the day, and they stuck to it. Billy would blast Metallica or some other punk band and get ready first. The twins shared the same taste in music. Susan always made sure to correlate their music taste, and everything else about the twins for that matter, to jailbirds. Billy and Bea had big dreams, but they knew the dreams were unobtainable, as life handed them shit constantly.

Bea loved baseball. She loved to play and be a part of the sport. She was regularly on an old, dirt field with her friends back home in California. She hated that she had to leave.

   Bea loved art as well. She took after her mother who loved to paint. She was grateful for art, as she knew she could paint wherever she was in the world, whether she was back home in California or in Hawkins.

   As for Billy, he wasn't really sure what he wanted. He didn't know where he'd fit, but he knew that he wanted to do something that would make his mother and sister proud. Billy did know, however, that he wanted to take care of his twin sister and help her reach her dreams. Beatrice was Billy's happiness; he was nothing without her. The twins were inseparable.

   "What are you wearing today?" Billy asked his sister. He was fully dressed in a jean jacket, wife beater, and jeans, but Bea was still in her pajamas, searching through her closet.

"I don't know. I want to be likable."

"Bean," he said. "You are likable."

Billy gently pushed past his sister, pulling a pair of high waisted jean shorts, a striped tee, and a jean jacket.

"Get ready. I'm going to go make us some breakfast."

"Feed Max too—don't give dad something to be mad about," Beatrice told him before starting to change. Beatrice didn't bother wearing makeup or doing too much with her hair. Her hair was too curly to bother with, and makeup was just a hassle to take off in the evenings. She slipped on her Converse and grabbed her backpack before going to the kitchen.