XV

my friends and I were waiting in the hospital for the doctors. As we were waiting, all of our parents walk in. Mike's parents first. His mom rushes to me.

-"how is he? What happened??" His mom asked.
-"he drowned, we're waiting to see if he's okay, I'm so sorry." My voice began to crack.
she hugged me, with a tear running down her face.
My mom came up to me and hugged me, relieved I was okay. As did everyone else's parents.

We all waited there for what seemed to be like hours. I couldn't get what Troy said out of my mind. He was right, I never ask about mike. If he's okay, he's going through things to. His dad died, I almost left him. I cant imagine how horrible that made him feel. I had to apologize. It was tearing me up inside.

a doctor came out and walked to his mom.
-"he is stable and awake, he died for a total of 4 minutes and 22 seconds. If you want, you may see him. But only his parents or guardians, can't have too many people in there."

we all waited for his parents to visit him. It was only about 10 minutes before his mom, dad, and sister walked out.

-"he's ready for you guys." She smiled.
We all ran to his room, hugging him all at once.

-"thank god you're okay!" Dustin said.
-"that was so trippy, you came back to life! You're like god!" Lucas laughed.

I didn't find it funny, I found it terrifying.
They all talked for a while, before mike looked at me and everyone noticed him looking.

-"we can leave you guys, we'll be back." Max said, dragging everyone out of the room and shutting the door.
I put my hands over my forehead as he patted down on the bed next to him.
-"I'm so glad you're alive and okay. I'm sorry for leaving you like that." I said, shakily.
-"it wasn't your fault." He said with a raspy voice."
-"Mike.. I'm so sorry I was never there for you. I never asked you if you were okay, or how you were doing. It was always about me, I hate that I did that. I'm so sorry." I apologized with tears in my eyes, holding his hand.
-"Will, you were there. Don't let Troy get in your head like that. I heard him, he was wrong."
I smiled as he laid his head on my shoulder.
-"watching you die was about the worst thing I've ever seen. You were literally dead, it's truly a miracle." I said.
-"I'm here now, I'm sorry you had to see that." He said.
-"god, stop apologizing!" I yelled, jokingly.

I moved mike's wet hair back as he giggled, I kissed his forehead before his lips, softly.
-"I'm glad you're safe now, I will never let anything bad happen to you, or us, ever again." I promised, gently squeezing his hand.

He's smiled, before kissing me again. This was the moment that really made me think about how in love I am with him, and I truly was.

***********************
1 month later-
***********************

Will and I are better then before, we were closer. we were in an open relationship with our friends and family. Wills mental health had gotten better, my physical health as well. All of our problems were gone, life was finally clicking.

will and I were on a hill, watching the sunset on a colder night. We were walking up and sat down on the floor watching, when I noticed Will shivering.

-"here." I put my hoodie over him, making him smile and look down.
I noticed how much he was blushing.
-"why do you look so nervous?" I ask, smiling and looking at him.
-"I'm not! I just.. really love you." He smiled shyly.
-"I love you too." I said, making eye contact with him.

he pressed his soft lips against mine, we couldn't stop laughing for no specific reason. We were just giggling while trying to kiss, he wrapped his arms around me as I kissed him longer and longer. he laid his back on the grass as I was still kissing him.

-"I'm so crazy about you, Will." I whispered smiling.
I kissed him more and more, staring to move down his neck. he breathed heavily as I softly kissed him. I kissed the side of his neck multiple times, before he pushed me slightly.

-"be careful!" He said, not wanting to leave a mark.
-"sorry!" I laughed.

he laid in my arms as we watched the sun set.

I truly was crazy for this Byers boy.

im so in love with him.

the end.