VII

wills pov -

I woke up with mike in bed behind me with his arms around me, I checked the time, it was 9 am. mike had to go home, his mom didn't know he left.
i turn around and shake him.
-"mike, wake up. You have to go." I whispered.
he groaned and stretched looking around the room.
-"what time is it?" He asked.
-"almost 9:30, you have to go home." I told him.

he got up and put his shoes back on. I stretched my arms and rubbed my eyes. he got on the bed and leaned into me to give me a kiss.

-"I'll see you later?" he asked.
-"for sure." I smiled slightly, before he let my hand go and jumped out of the window.

all of a sudden, my thoughts were back. i was upset again, about my dad. Whenever I'm with mike it's like I don't ever think about anything else but mike. now, I'm alone again. I figured my mom would want to talk to me when I woke up.

I walked out and my mom was in the living room. She stood up when she saw me, I looked rough.
She walked towards me.

-"I'm so sorry that happened to you, sweetie. You're safe now." she assured me.

am I?

-"it's okay, at least we won't have anything else to worry about anymore."

i think she was surprised that I was as calm as I am.
-"are you okay?"
-"yeah." I nodded
-"you're acting like nothing happened, that must've been traumatic for you."
-"of course it was mom. but I don't regret killing him, I'm happy it's finally over." I said, overwhelmed and stress.

the phone rang, she walked towards the phone and talked to whoever it was.
As I was about to make myself cereal, I didn't feel like eating. I just had no appetite. I put the milk back and turned around.

-"good news! they said the case was being closed, you're off the hook! that's great isn't it?"
-"yeah, that was fast." I raised my eyebrows.
-"yeah, aren't you happy?" she asked me.
-"yes, I'm relieved." I chuckled before walking to my bedroom and shutting the door behind me. I laid in bed again and stared at the wall.

What now?

my walkie talkie that was under my bed staring going off, I heard mikes voice coming from the other side. His voice made me smile. I can feel myself fall for him more and more every day. I barely know him.

i pick it up.

-"Will, are you there?"
-"mike? Did your mom catch you?"
-"no, she's not mad about what happened either. She's just happy I'm alive.
-"that's good." I sighed.

i felt my eye lids slipping down, I was so tired.

-"are you okay, Will?"
-"hm? Yeah sorry. I'm just tired."
-"oh, go back to sleep. I can stop by later? we can do something if you're up for it later."
-"sounds great, bye Mike." I smiled before shutting off the walkie.
i laid it down on my side table and went back to sleep.

.

mikes pov ~

to make Will feel better, I walked to the gas station to buy him his favorite candy for him. I brought my favorite hoodie for him to have to, I wore it all the time. He needed it more than me. I knocked on Mrs Byers door and she answered.

-"mike, how are you?" She asked me.
-"I'm okay, is will home?" I smiled.
-"yeah, but he hasn't been awake all day. I'm kind of worried about him."
-"wait, he's been asleep since 10 am? That was like 7 hours ago, it's 5."
-"I know, I've tried everything to wake him. You think you can help?"

i nodded walking into the hallway by myself, i knocked on the door calling his name. After no response, I opened the door. He was laying down still. I shut the door behind me and sat down on his bed behind him and put my hand on his shoulder.

-"will? will you have to wake up." I whispered to him.
-"go away."
-"will, c'mon. Please?"

no response.

-"I brought you something. whenever you wanna wake up and get it, it'll be waiting for you on your desk."

i placed my hoodie on his desk chair with the candy on top of it.
I sat down at his head again and kissed his head.
-"I'll be back after school tomorrow."

As I got up, I opened the door but hesitated to leave. I didn't want him upset. I eventually left and walked out to his mom.
-"I'd say just wait until tomorrow. he's probably just tired, you know?"
-"thank you, Mike. Come by anytime you want."
-"thank you, Mrs Byers. Have a good night."

i walked out of the door, and left his house. I looked back before leaving though, he's okay. He will be okay. I'm sure of it.

god, now I have to worry what people will think when I walk into school.

what will they be saying about Will?