wills pov -

i walked out to where I saw the rest of my friends.

-"where have you been? Where's mike?" Max asked.
-"I don't know, he went to look for you guys." I lied.
I really didn't want them to know more than they already do. So I just waited for him to come out, but he never did. As we were looking around, I snuck back to where we kissed. He was no longer there. But what was there was a half empty syringe. I slowly walked over to it and picked it up, I yelled for them to come over.
they ran to me, I was kneeling down to it. I stood up and showed them, they looked at me, worried.
-"what do we do?" El asked.

I noticed a piece of paper on the ground, as they were arguing I picked it up and read it.

-"we need to call the police!" Max said.
-"we can't." I said.

they all stopped to look at me, standing up with the note in my hand.
I gave them the note.

"you don't deserve him, Will. Call the police, and your family is next. - Troy Harrington"

-"that prick!" Lucas yelled.
-"this is not good, this is not good!!" Dustin repeated pacing in circles.
-"what do we do?" Max asked, stressed.
-"everyone just calm down! I have a plan."

we walked to max's car where she had a phone book in her glovebox. I went through the pages to where I found Harrington.
I looked through the names until I saw his dads name, I tore the page out and we both rushed towards a phone booth.
i dialed the phone number, and after getting sent to voicemail I called again.
As I was about to give up, someone picked up.

-"hello?" Troy said from the other line.
-"Troy, please don't hurt mike! What do you want?" I ask.
He laughed.
-"please, I'll do anything. Just leave him alone!" I begged.
-"you want your boyfriend back, huh? In 5 minutes, otherwise.. your boyfriend will be saying hi to your daddy."
-"the pools closed?"
-"find a way in. Come alone!"

he hung up on me, we all ran to her car again and speed to the pool, there was so much traffic to get through. It took way over 5 minutes to get there from all the cars in the way. I was worried he was dead. I told her to drive faster, we nearly crashed twice before we got there.
before we got out of the car, she stopped me.
She pulled a gun out of the back of her glovebox and reloaded it.
-"what is that?!" Dustin asked.
-"just incase!" Max said.
-"be careful." Lucas said.
-"we'll be watching." El said.
-"stay low, don't follow me unless I'm in danger." I said, before shutting the door and climbing the locked fence.

as I walked to the pool, nobody was there. Not mike, Troy, nobody.

-"hello?? Mike?! Troy?!" I yelled out.
As I was looking around, I noticed something in the pool. There was something under the water.
that's was when I realized, it wasn't a "thing".
It was mike.

-"mike!"
i jumped in and tried pulling him up, but something was keeping him down. I looked at his feet, they were chained to large bricks.
i kicked and kicked at the chains, they wouldn't break. I tried for minutes to break them. And when they snapped, mike floated up to the top.
i swam back up and helped him out of the pool.
I hovered above him, trying to hear if he was breathing or not.
-"mike, please be alive." I whispered with a shaking voice.
i put my ear up to his chest, he was still breathing.

I started to cry as I pumped against his chest, counting down to 30. I breathed in his mouth, but he didn't wake up. I was completely falling apart trying to save his life. Trying over, and over. He wouldn't wake up.

-"mike, please! Please wake up!" I cried.
-"you're late."

i stood up, Troy was in front of me, standing next to Mike.
-"you knew what would happen if you were late." He said, taking slow steps towards me making me back up.
-"what have you done?!" I yelled.
-"you never deserved mikes attention. He was going through things to, but you never asked him if he was okay, ever! You only worried about yourself."
-"that's.. that's not true!" I stuttered.
-"yes it is, you know it! He should've been with me! i would've been there for him when you couldn't! That's why he cheated on you! you wouldn't give him what he wanted."
-"shut up." I said quietly.
-"so he turned to someone who could."
-"SHUT UP!!" I yelled, pushing him.

He grabbed me by my shirt and started to punch me.

-"you're fucking weak, just like mike was when I killed him." He laughed.
I punched him in the jaw, making him step back.

-"hey." A voice from behind troy whispered.

Troy turned around to mike, holding a brick over his head. He smashed it above Troy, making him fall to the ground.
I ran over to mike, who had fallen to the floor.

-"mike.. no, no, no, no. Mike!!" I shook him.

All of my friends ran to me, hovering above mike.

-"mike, please don't die! We're going to get you to a hospital! Please just stay awake!"
-"will." He whispered.
He looked up at me, with a slight smile on his face. But it slowly faded away as I felt him stop breathing. He was still, his eyes were wide open. He was gone.
I heard sirens in the distance, pulling up to the pool.

-"no.. mike!" I sobbed over his chest, his dead body. I hysterically cried over him, trying to do CPR again.

-"Will.. he's gone." max said, crying.
-"no he's not, he's still in there." I said trying to stay calm.
-"you have to let him go, man." Lucas voice cracked.

Paramedics took him away into an ambulance. I watched as they gave him CPR, his heart beat was gone.
after watching them try their best, they gave up.

Until mike gasped for air waking up, they put a breathing mask over his face as he tried to stay awake.
i put my hand over my face as they tried to stabilize him.
how is that possible, his heart wasn't beating, now it is.
All my friends hugged me as I cried over their shoulders. I didn't know what to do at this moment. What if he doesn't stay alive?

what if Troy was right?

It was my fault.