21: allies and enemies

Start from the beginning

"Y/n. Y/n is my daughter and bringing your wings back is a sign of my gratitude." he smiled.

━━━

With furrowed eyebrows i trudges trough the corridors, heading to my class. I clicked my tongue out as uneasiness continue to fill my system up for some reason that I have no idea about.

Nayeon's voice earlier seems to get stuck in my mind.

Ignoring the negative thoughts that started to clouded my mind, I push the classroom's door open only to be greet with uncountable stares. My classmates eyes were glued to me.

I stares back at them.

"Okay class, time for our lesson." their gaze shifted away when Sir T.O.P barge inside the classroom.

I shrug off the weird atmosphere and sauntered towards my seat.

"What's wrong with them?" I asked my seatmate. Ryujin snickers in response, "Maybe they just can't believe that someone would sacrifice their lives for you, especially someone like Ms. Nayeon."

I huff playfully and bump Ryujin's shoulder who wouldn't stop snickering.

I pout recalling me and Mina interaction.

What possibly Nayeon doing right now?

I shake off my thoughts and tries to cope up with the lesson.

━━

Nayeon was in daze. She was in front a big double door— where a meeting is being held. For the councilors final decision for her.

Absentmindedly staring at the door, her mind was filled with the memories of earlier.

"Y/n. Y/n is my daughter and bringing your wings back is a sign of my gratitude." he smiled.

"Wha—what?!" he chuckles softly at Nayeon reaction, proceeding to continue, "I'm Y/n's father and that wings as my gratitude for what you have done for my daughter. But the real purpose of me forcefully inviting you here in my house is for me to offer you something." he paused for a moment and watches the former deadly queen reaction. Which was neutral as she waits for him to continue. He was amused by the young princess calmness. "It's up to you the decision. I'll accept whatever is your choice." he added.

Nayeon blinks and pause momentarily, then ask, "What is it?"

The man smiled at the response,  "Be one of my allies." he muttered out, surprising Nayeon. "What— Are you saying I should turn my back on my father?" Nayeon asked in disbelief but the man only look at her nonchalantly.

"Leave it or take it Your Highness."

Nayeon hesitate or simply she can't. Because it's not her who would receive the consequence, it was someone else.

The man saw how troubled Nayeon was. He was sure, the young highness was having internal battle about the offer so he sigh, earning Nayeon attention.

"Nayeon. I know it wasn't easy for you, for you owe big from your father. I'm not stupid to put your sister and mother in danger . You don't have to worry about them. I'll make sure to protect them from any harm and from your father. Think about it carefully Your Highness. I'm giving you one week to decide."

So Nayeon is here, in front of the meeting room.

Nayeon knows once she open this door and show them her wings, she had already turn her back on her father. But not yet. She's not ready yet. She needs to ponder a bit more before finally stating her decision.