Chapter 9

Disclaimer- I don't own TMI or TID.

Sophie woke up, had a mini stroke when she saw that it was 11:00 A.M., then calmed down when she remembered it was Saturday.
Sophie sat back in bed and remembered the events of last night. Did she really go out with Gideon Lightwood? Thoroughly confused, she got up to go take a shower. When the water started to run over her back she felt more relaxed. She washed her hair and body, then turned off the water. She toweled herself dry, and got dressed. She wore a simple plaid, button-up shirt and white jean shorts. She brushed out her tangly, waist length hair and pulled it up into a neat ponytail. Sophie had always loved doing hair, and she was pretty good at it, too. Sophie had started her homework, but a knock on the door made her jump. She rushed over to the door and opened it. Standing outside her door was Alec Lightwood. A very tearful Alec Lightwood.

"Alec?" Sophie wasn't sure what to do. She had never really liked Alec that much, but seeing him like this struck a chord in her heart. "What's wrong?"

"I- I" he looked deflated. "I'm sorry, I should just go." Sophie caught his arm before he could run away.

"Talk to me." Alec stared at her in look of disbelief and shock.

"We-well, I don't really have anywhere to go becauseMagnusismyroomateandJace'sroomateisannoyingandIsabelleisalwayswithsomerandomguyandGideonIsnotthepersonireallywanttoseerightnowbutIsawyouwithhimyesterdaysoI just-" it came out as a jumbled mess, but Sophie understood parts of it.

"Wow, okay . . ." Alec flushed.

"Sorry to put all this on you." Alec looked really embarrassed, like he had just realized what he did.

"Oh no, it's okay . . . I'm just wondering . . . Does anyone else know?" Sophie tried to tread carefully. But Alec looked like a deer trapped in headlights. He made a strange noise then shook his head. "No, well, not anyone except you and Maybe Gideon."

"Oh . . ." Sophie really had no idea what to say. They sat in an awkward silence before Alec stood up,

"Erm . . . I'm just gonna go . . ." With that Alec was gone. That was strange Sophie thought. She sighed and got up to continue working on her homework.
______________________________

Clary listened to Isabelle as she went on and on how cute her brother, Alec, and Magnus are together. Apparently "malec", as she called them, had a date last night,

"- Magnus is just perfect for Alec!" Isabelle looked out of breath. She had been talking without taking a breath for 10 minutes.

"Yeah, I guess." Clary really didn't know anything about Alec or Magnus.

"Why aren't you more excited?" She narrowed her eyes and her tone got dangerous. "Do you have a thing for Alec? I swear to God Clary if you break up malec-"

"Izzy." Clary raised her eyebrows. "I don't have a thing for Alec."

"Oh yeeeaah!" A knowing look dawned on Isabelle's face. "Cecily told me all about you and Jace." Isabelle wiggled her eyebrows.

"Shut up!" I groaned, this must have been revenge for mocking Sophie.

______________________________

A/N
Sorry this is so late! I have a ton of tests since it's the end of the year, so that means A LOT of studying! I'll try and update soon.