"We're going to take Jonathan's car." she informed him. "Hey, it's fifteen past." she looked to Jonathan.

"Yeah, I know." he nodded, rubbing his hands up and down his legs anxiously. "Just give him time."

Nancy leaned over, elbowing Colby. "That guy, there." she looked in the direction of a bald man in a red sweater reading a newspaper in the plaza. His mouth opened and closed, forming inaudible words. No one was seated around him. "He just... he just talked to himself."

As soon as the words left Nancy's mouth, the man looked up from his newspaper and gave them a sinister grin. Uncomfortably, Colby looked down at his shoes. Then, he turned and looked at everyone else around them. There were women jogging, women watching kids, a man feeding ducks, a man watching his dog, and a man wearing a long, black trench coat-

"I think we should go." Nancy said abruptly, as seemingly almost everyone in the park had turned to look at them. Colby wasted no time in standing up with her and Jonathan, and they sped out of the park towards the oldest of the three's car.

Colby got into the backseat, Nancy into the passenger's seat, and Jonathan into the driver's seat. He put his key in the ignition and tried to start up the car, although all it did was sputter and fail to get going. It stalled multiple times, leaving the three teens in silence-

The bald man began knocking on Nancy's window, making Colby jump from the backseat. "Shit!"

"Trouble with your car, miss?" he queried, smiling kindly at them. In Colby's opinion, it was almost too kind— it freaked him out. "I can give you three a lift if you'd like."

Colby knew the government had its reaches. He just didn't know how protective they'd be over the secret. He felt stupid for thinking that maybe they'd be okay with the mother of a girl they'd killed knowing what truly happened to her. Alas, his mind wandered from that to the thought of what could happen to them if they took the ride from the stranger.

"Start the car, Jonathan," hissed Colby fearfully.

"I'm trying!" retaliated Jonathan with a frustrated grunt. Yet again, he jammed the key into the ignition and turned it, only for the car to stall once more.

Nancy peered out of Jonathan's window, only to see the man in the trench coat approaching his side of the car. In a fit of paranoia, Colby turned around in his seat to see a woman standing behind the car, her face reading an expression of disappointment. Colby wasn't sure if it was a manipulation tactic, but he sure felt disappointing. She seemed motherly enough.

Again, the bald man rapped on Nancy's window. "Sure you don't need that ride?"

Colby's main thought was them confiscating his comic books. He wouldn't be able to replace them— at least not at that period of time. He'd have to wait until his paycheck from Bob came in the mail.

"Dammit," muttered Colby as Jonathan pulled the key out once more, finally giving up on his mission of starting the car. They'd been trapped.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

Colby wasn't necessarily sure how long they'd been in (as he called it) the interrogation room. Nancy and Colby were seated on one side, Jonathan asleep with his head on the table on the other side. Nancy was clearly getting antsy, and she repeatedly bounced her leg off the ground, huffing every few seconds.