𝟏𝟖, ᴀ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ

Start from the beginning

Newgate sat on the edge of his bed and stared at you with a wide smile, inspecting you and seeing some similarities with your mother. He patted your head as he kept laughing at the great surprise.

“Who would have thought that Amaya and that bastard got such a beautiful and strong daughter! Gurararararara!!!” He boisterously said.

You giggled with him as he kept ruffling your recently fixed hair. It tickled you. You pushed his huge hand away and tried to pull your hair back as it was before pops had messed it up humoring you.

While Izo, he stared at you shocked.

He couldn’t believe it. He was in utter shock that he wasn’t responding properly for a quite while as both you and were enjoying the —another— step-father and daughter moment. The black haired samurai had his eyes wide open and his hands were shaking. A feeling of joy and relief washed through his whole being.

Izo took a couple of steps closer to you. The sound caught your attention and you smiled at him, feeling a lot better after you got your fair share of attention from the old man.

“Izo-a, I’m sorry for not– ”What startled you the most was that he was kneeling before you with his head down, in samurai style. You turned your body fully at him with your hands above your chest, still surprised and astounded as before. You couldn’t comprehend why he was doing this. “ –Telling you…”

Whitebeard was looking at the both of you in silence. He wanted to know how it was going to happen next.

“I– Izo-a? What are you doing?” You asked.

"Lady Y/N, I apologize for not realizing it any time sooner." The huge change of formality wasn't fit for the bond you've made with him. "But I am at your service."

You actually didn't want this. Not the formalities, not the titles, and of course, not the way you treated each other. You both were really good friends, and you wanted to stay like that. Right now, it didn't matter when you didn't even have a way to go back to Wonju.

With calm steps, you approached him and crouched down before him with a smile. You placed a hand on his knee to catch his attention. He lifted his head from looking down and gazed at you.

"Izo-a, I don't want to be treated like that. I don't want formalities between us nor anyone around me."

"But, Lady Y/N– "

"No buts! I want my friend, not a retainer. Besides, I grew up around rowdy people."

Izo smiled and sighed. "As you wish. "

Whitebeard smacked his knee as he laughed. "Gurarararara! Now that's settled, I feel like you have something else to say here, my dear."

You nodded and frowned a little, staring seriously at him. "Now that you know a little more about me, I have to tell you about a curse."

"A curse?"

"Yes, a curse. We, warriors of Wonju, are condemned to love once in our lives and if someone hurts us, we will pass away by heartbreak." You explained to him.

"I see… you're bound to love once and die if someone breaks your heart, right?" Newgate asked you to make sure that he got what you just told him.

You nodded. "That is correct."

Whitebeard stared at you for a couple of seconds and sensed that you told him that because you had to inform him about your origins and that curse or maybe because you were falling in love with someone.

His intuition wasn't wrong as it was the latter. Izo stayed behind you, waiting patiently and ready to act to help you and serve you, even though you told him to not to.