𝑷𝒕. 3

~Lavender's pov~

I rolled onto my side as the sun hit my face through the curtains. I sat up and stretched my arms. The birds chirped as I stood up and opened my curtains smiling. It was morning, my favorite time of day. I ran to my closet and picked out a light tan dress that was covered in flowers. I slipped on my gold heels and walked into my bathroom. I heard footsteps down the hallway and soon a knock on my door. "Come in" I brushed my hair. "Ah there you are Lavender" my mother said handing me my tiara. "What can I help you with mother" I faked a smile at her.

"I just came to inform you that breakfast is ready" she smiled "and your tiara was downstairs" she walked out of my room. I sighed and placed the tiara on top of my head. I shut off the light as I walked out. The smell of syrup hit me as I sat at the table across from my mother. "Good morning Miss" my maid Catherine said placing a plate in front of me. "Thank you Catharine" I smiled and picked up my fork. "Oh and by the way Lavender I need you to head into the village today" my mother uttered sipping her tea. "Why?" I asked taking a bite of my food. "I just had an old horse saddle fixed and I need you to pick it up from the blacksmiths" she wiped her lips with a cloth.

"Can I take Raven!" I exclaimed almost jumping out of my seat. "Yes you may" she sighed. "I'll be back later!" I got up running out of the castle. I ran to the stable and looked at my horse. Raven. He was a tall black horse who had a white moon under his tummy. His mane was shiny as was his tail. I got him when I was 7 but my mother never let me ride him because she thought it was dangerous. I then proved her wrong a year later after my father taught me to ride. I grabbed his saddle and threw it over his back. I put my foot in the stirrup and pulled myself up. I flicked the reins as he began to run. The wind blew through my hair as I smiled. I haven't felt this alive in years!

I decided to make a quick stop before picking up my moms saddle. I tied Raven up in front of the castle and walked up the stairs to the door. I knocked and waited. "Hello madam" the maid spoke, "hello" I replied "may I speak to Scarlett?" I asked smiling. "Of course" she smiled shutting the door. I waited for a couple minutes. The door opened again revealing Scarlett. "Hi Lav" she smiled hugging me. "Hey Scar, wanna go for a ride?" I hugged back smiling. "Sure!" Her eyes lit up with excitement. We walked over to the stables as she pulled her horse out of its stall. "Another horse?" I sighed. "Yea, daddy buys me one every year for my birthday , this is the one from last year" she smiled kissing the horses nose.

"What's its name?" I ask petting her horse. "Her name is Lady" she put the saddle over her back. "She's beautiful" I handed her the reins. She put the bit in her mouth and lead Lady out. I had never seen a horse that beautiful before, don't get me wrong Raven is incredibly beautiful but this is ridiculous. Lady was a tall white shire horse with grey speckles all over her coat. Her mane was long and braided as was her tail. I grabbed Raven and followed Scarlett out of the stables. We rode through the village talking. "So you and James" I smirk looking at Scarlett. "No absolutely not" she shook her head. "What!" I exclaimed you guys are so cute together and I saw how you looked at him yesterday Scar" I smiled. "He's too much of a child" she shrugged frowning.