"I should've gone..." she broke again, setting down her cup.

Damon sighed, having heard the same thing over and over again since they found out about Hayley.

"Valerie went and looked how it ended up" Damon began to speak and set his hand on the girl's hand. "I know you want to fix the world that's just the beauty of you but sometimes things aren't fixable"

"I just wish I could've done something..." Valeria wiped the tear that had fallen from her eye.

Damon and Stefan frowned, feeling bad for the girl. The older Salvatore pulled the girl in with his hand making her head rest on his chest while his chin rested on the top of her head.

"I know" he replied and held her close while she hugged back as well.

•═════•༺۝༻•═════•

After a while Valeria had headed into Hope's room sitting down on the empty bed in her room since she didn't have a roommate.

Valeria knew it would be any second before the girl woke up.

She could hear Kol's voice from far away, him being the only one speaking in the building since everyone was mostly sleeping.

He kept asking her if she was alright and she would reply with a simple yes.

She didn't know what room he was in but her enhanced hearing was helping her listen to him.

He kept listening to him talk to Damon until she finally was interrupted by Hope snapping up from her sleep.

"Mom?!" Hope shouted looking around causing Valeria to get up from the bed immediately approaching Hope slowly.

"Hope..."

"Mom?!" She said once again trying to remember what happened.

"I'm here Hope you're safe you're okay" Valeria reassured still approaching her slowly.

"Where's my mom?!" Hope exclaimed looking at Valeria now whole the little lights in her room bursted caused by her magic.

Valeria gasped and turned to Hope. "Okay breathe..." She sat on the bed and took Hope's hands.

"What happened?! Where is she?!" Hope questioned looking at Valeria's face that dropped with a frown. "What?!"

"She's gone..." she finally said, trying to keep her tears in.

"No..." Hope shook her head, beginning to tear up. "No...no...no!" She began to sob and Valeria brought her into a hug holding her closer.

Hope held onto Valeria tightly while she sobbed and Valeria also held the girl tightly feeling the tears just falling from her eyes not being able to contain them anymore.

Valeria thought it would be this bad but the way Hope was holding onto her was breaking her more than when she was told Hayley was dead.

Maybe Hope was holding on thinking she could feel something.

Anything.

To fill the hole that was left empty in her heart just like in Valeria's.

•═════•༺۝༻•═════•

Downstairs Kol had Caroline looking for flights while he heard the scene unfold upstairs in Hope's room which made him stop talking and shut his eyes.

Damon noticed this as well as Caroline and they fell silent as well.

"Are they okay?" Damon finally asked, wanting to know if they were.

"Not even close...look you guys got to stay with her. I have to take my flight right now since I can't be near Hope but I'll try my best to be around" Kol explained to Damon and Stefan who were stepping in the room.