12. Attending the meeting with my husband

Start from the beginning

They had not discussed the candidate for the parent-teacher conference representative for a long time. Now that they finally had a volunteer, of course, they would not let it go easily. Moreover, with Hannah's identity, if Hannah accepted this responsibility, it would be beneficial to them.

Firstly, Hannah had just married into the Black family. It was the time for her to show off. She would work harder than the other parents. Secondly, she was Albert's wife. The school would not dare to neglect her. They would only be more cautious than before.

If it were not for Hannah's volunteering, they would not have dared to think about Hannah. However, since she had volunteered, all the people present would not let this opportunity go.

One of the parents said cheerfully, "Mr. Black, your arrival has attracted all of Mrs. Black's attention. There is a saying that beauty is misleading. Now, Mr. Black, your beauty is distracting."

Another parent also chimed in, "That's right. Look at the two of you. Both of you are stunning. Initially, it's just Mrs. Black, now that Mr. Black is here, you are really not giving us ordinary people a way out. We're both humans, but why is there such a big difference in looks? The two of you sitting here are the perfect couple."

Hearing the parents banter, Albert lowered his head to look at Hannah. What appeared in front of his eyes was a fair forehead. Her long black hair was tied to the back of her head with a white jade hairpin. A few strands of hair playfully stuck to her face and Hannah casually pinned them behind her. The white dress perfectly accentuated her curvy figure. She was clearly sitting in a well-behaved manner and had a straight back. However, her every frown and smile made people feel that she was extremely flirtatious.

Albert calmly retracted his gaze. Her pitch-black eyes lowered slightly, hiding the probing depths of her eyes.

Hannah blushed when she was praised by the parents one after another. She had never lacked these parents, but this time it felt a little different. At the same time, she also understood the thoughts of the parents. They still hoped that she could be the representative of the parent-teacher conference. Thinking of this, she wanted to summon up the courage to talk to Albert about this matter. However, when she met Albert's deep eyes, she became timid! She felt like she was taking advantage of her position as Adam's stepmom to earn money and Albert would mind it.

She was clearly able to face others with ease and without fear. How could she be timid when she met Albert! Hannah quickly reflected on herself. The reason for her shyness might be that Albert had the ability to kill her without saying a word right now, while she has left all the power at her hand long ago?

The parents did not know what Hannah was thinking, they were still teasing her, "Hey, look at Mrs. Black, this little woman. She's so charming that even I, a woman, can't stand it. Even my bones are getting soft. We understand that you two haven't seen each other for a long time, but can we settle the matter in front of us first? Mr. Black, are you afraid that we will tire Mrs. Black and don't want her to accept this job, so you rushed over at this time?"

Albert's status was very high, and his aura was also very strong. However, he did not give off a strong sense of oppression, and he could be considered amiable when he interacted with others. Therefore, after the other parents recovered from the news of Albert attending the parent-teacher conference, they also dared to joke around with him.

"What do you think?"

Albert's pleasant voice came from beside her. Hannah lowered her head and didn't know how to answer him.

She didn't know Albert very well. She didn't know how he thought about her being the representative of the parent-teacher conference, nor did she know his temperament. To Hannah, Albert was her "business partner". With her "immediate superior" present, she couldn't make decisions easily. So she gave a very tactful answer, "I'll hear what you have to say." Only because this is regarding your son, she silently added in her heart.