δεκατρία

***

***

Elena dreamt she was back home, she was in her mom's small little apartment back in Brooklyn. Her mom was there with Sally playing with two little babies, Ere was older and waddled around playing with another child. There was a girl who looked like Sally and Paul. Elena looked around and she sat next to Percy on the sofa talking as her stepfather walked in from the kitchen with Paul laughing and drinking juice.

Her stepfather had blonde hair with a few grey streaks, he wore glasses and had bright blue eyes that wrinkled when he smiled. He could have been handsome in his youth. In that moment, she knew it was fake, her stepfather was a god, a primordial no less, he would never be seen with mortal families.

Percy spoke, "Did you catch the latest episode of Doctor Who?" He looked older, perhaps twenty-five or so. He looked happy and unbothered; no streak of white in his hair at all.

"No." Elena said, shocking herself, she sounded so carefree and happy, "I had another patient admitted yesterday."

"I can't believe you chose to major in psychology, I thought for sure you were going to do criminology," Percy said, shaking his head.

"Why criminology?" Elena questioned smirking, she felt like she knew where the conversation was going.

"Because if you can't run fast enough to be a criminal, at least you can be the one chasing them." Percy said grinning like a mad donkey.

Elena nudged him with her shoulder, "Save it Fish Boy, at least I'm not the one who talks about fish for a living."

"Ow. That was low, you wound me Elle" Percy said pretending to hold his bleeding heart, "I love working as a marine biologist, when we do talks at schools, I love seeing such passionate children. I can't wait until I have kids."

She smiled as she spoke, "How's Annabeth?"

"Who?" Percy asked.

"Your girlfriend, you know the one who you held up the sky with when you were fourteen?" Elena said, laughing at his joke.

"What do you mean Elle? You know my girlfriend's name is Taylor, is this a joke, are you referencing a book I've never heard about?"

Elena's smile faded as she shuffled backwards on the couch. "You reading a book? You have dyslexia, you hate trying to read. You think it's a waste of your time since you've never gotten a mark over C."

"What do you mean? I love reading. I don't have dyslexia, as for my scores, I've never received anything short of an A+. Though there was that one time I scored a B in Math but we don't talk about that."

Elena stood up in fear as she stepped back, "This- this is wrong. You're not Percy, this isn't home... I want Annabeth, I want my brother, anyone, anything but this."

She felt the world shatter around her as she found herself tripping in a dark void. The sound of shattering glass reverberated through the darkness.