• twenty-two •

En başından başla

_____

“Oh? They showed up fashionably late,” Oikawa whistled, watching the team enter the court as he removed his jacket and proceeded to stretch with Iwaizumi, “don’t you think, Iwa-chan?”

“Stop trying to act cool, idiot!” Iwaizumi stated, punching the brunet on the back of his head, earning the usual whining from his best friend. Iwaizumi raised his head and watched as the team did their stretches and warmed up, he was about to switch positions with Oikawa until he noticed an unfamiliar yet somewhat familiar person on Karasuno. “Hey, was that guy always on their team?” Iwaizumi asked, pointing over to (f/n).

Oikawa raised his head and eyed the person that Iwaizumi was pointing to, “no… I don’t think so…?” Oikawa answered, “actually he looks like the person I saw at the vending machine not too long ago!”

(m/n) let out a small sneeze, obviously getting the attention of Karasuno who stared at him. Their minds took time to process his sneeze, which seemed a bit like a squeak, and their faces erupted in a blush once their minds had computed the scene that had just occurred.

“(m/n) … stop… you’re--you’re gonna kill us…!” Tanaka said, the blush on his face showing no signs of going away anytime soon.

“Eh?! Don’t die!!” (m/n) exclaimed as he grabbed Tanaka by his shoulders and violently shook him, “you can’t die! Who’s gonna be the reliable Senpai to our precious Kouhai!!”

“Waah! (m/n) you’re so unfair!!” Tanaka sobbed, doing the same gesture to (m/n), “I’m so confused because of you…!”

“Eh?? What did I do?!” (m/n) cried, the two shaking each other violently.

“Well now… this is interesting to watch…” Sugawara chuckled.

“Always a scary and weird bunch...” Watari stated, watching the chaos that was yet to burn out from across the court, “I can’t tell if they’re nervous or not...”

“That’s a bunch of crows for you,” Oikawa shrugged, “always bunching up and fighting one another.”

“Stop acting all smug or I’ll punch you again.” Iwaizumi grumbled.

“Y-Yessir...” Oikawa chuckled, sheepishly scratching the back of his head, “anyways... let’s get this match done and dusted, we can’t guarantee that they’re the same Karasuno we faced months ago... but we've changed too. Let’s beat them again and this time... go to nationals!”

“Right!”

“Alright then,” Oikawa started, his atmosphere changing like a switch had just flipped inside of him, “I trust you guys.”

The whistle blew, signalling for all the players to assemble onto the court in their respective positions. Once the referee gave the go, everyone prepared themselves to receive Oikawa's monstrous serves. Daichi took a deep breath in, with Nishinoya and Asahi joining him in the back, also prepared to receive the serve.

“That number one must be a really good server if we have Dai-chin, Yuu-chin and Azu-chin in the back.” (m/n) said, turning to Sugawara, his eyes asking for confirmation.

“Yeah, his serves are basically spikes.” Sugawara answered, a shiver running down his spine.

(M/n) turned his attention back to the court as the whistle blew. He watched Oikawa's routine, which reminded him of Kageyama’s, and the brunet tossed the ball up. Oikawa jumped and hit the ball, letting out a grunt as he released a decent amount of power behind his serve. The ball flew across the court in mere milliseconds, in which Daichi dove to the side, managing to get it up.