Chapter One

"Ethan! Have you seen your brother?" Nico asked, peering into his kids room. Ethan looked up and shook his head. "No. He said he was going with Emma somewhere... Something about my birthday?" Nico nodded and left the room, leaving Ethan to himself. He sighed and stood up, stretching his back. He glanced out the window and shook his head slightly, then laid back on the bed and shut his eyes.

Ethan woke up to a soft nose pressed against his cheek. "Hey." Emma's soft voice made Ethan smile. "Hey." He said, propping himself up on his elbows. Emma pecked his lips lightly. "Your dads wanted me to tell you that it's dinner time." Ethan sighed and pushed himself off his bed, stretching. He followed Emma downstairs to the kitchen and glanced at Evan curiously. Evan nodded slightly. "What are we eating?" Ethan asked and Percy looked over his shoulder. "Burgers." The kids nodded and sat at the table. Percy handed them their plates and sat down at one of the empty chairs. Emma took a bite of the burger, glancing around at everyone else. "Where's Nico?" "The doctors." Percy answered and she nodded. "Why?" "Just like... Just a check up." Emma looked over at the twins and they shrugged. "So after dinner can we go out?" Evan asked and Percy nodded, gazing at the clock. "Thanks." Evan said. They continued eating in silence.

Emma slipped into the drivers seat of her car, tapping her fingers on the wheel as Ethan and Evan squeezed into the back. She turned on the radio then pulled out of the driveway, cruising down the street, "Where are we going?" "Um... 176 Redwood court." Emma nodded as Evan gave her the address, then hit the gas and sped through the highway.

They reached the city in about an hour. Emma slowed down as they turned onto Redwood court. "That building. The one with the brown roof." Evan said, checking with Ethan to make sure he was right. He nodded as Emma parked by the side of the street. "What time does this thing start?" "Um... 8:30, I'm on at 9." Emma looked at her watch and gasped. "We have to hurry or we'll be late! Hurry!" She exclaimed and pulled the twins into the building.

"Give it up for Tequila Mockingbird!" The announcer spoke as Crazy in Love by Beyonce started playing. Emma and Evan cheered as Ethan strutted onto the stage. "I still don't see how he can walk in those." Evan muttered to Emma and she laughed. "He's pretty drunk right now so that might help." Evan rolled his eyes, then went back to watching his brother.

"That was awesome!" Emma whooped as Ethan stepped out of his dress. He smiled, shaking his head. "Nah. I like fell on you." Emma giggled. "Yeah, but I think that made everyone like your performance better." Ethan sighed lazily, pulling his jeans on. "Yeah. I hope dad and dad won't be mad at us for staying out late..." He slurred. Evan nodded, still consumed with his phone. He was still uploading the drag show onto Youtube. As soon as Ethan finished dressing, Evan pulled him to the car, pushing him and Emma into the backseat. (He was the only one that hadn't drank that night.)He turned the car on, then started driving home.

...

Percy jerked his head up as the door opened and Nico shuffled in. "How'd it go?" Percy asked and Nico bit his lip.He shook his head, covering his face with his hands. "I'm sorry." He whimpered as Percy wrapped his arms around his husband. "No. Nico, it's fine. I mean, it isn't fine but... It isn't your fault." Nico sniffled and nodded. "Yes it is." Percy tilted his head slightly and Nico laid down on him. "T-The doctor said I have a-a Uterine abnormality..." Percy grunted softly and bent down, kissing Nico's head. "Can we do anything?" "Surgery c-cost 15,000 dollars..." Percy nodded. "We can do that. I-I'll find something, I can..." Percy's voice faded as he realized Nico had fallen asleep. He smiled and lifted him carefully, carrying him to their room. He laid down beside Nico, kissing his forehead. "I love you."