Preparation

Shoto's POV:

I always woke up at 5:00 AM, I go to the bathroom to dress myself up and go to the gym located inside the apartment I'm in so I wouldn't lose my fit to be a demon slayer. After I came back from the gym at 5:30 AM I would always see my friend who lived with me going out of the bathroom.
His name is Mysta Rias he works as a Detective he lives with me because he is still broke as fuck.

He saw me and said "Oh, Shoto! as usual coming back all sweaty from the gym! Lmaoo," he said as he smirk, I responded "Yeah sure at least I always stay fitted unlike you Mysta Ri-ASS." as I finished my sentence he walked out and went to the kitchen.

He suddenly said, "Shut up man, I don't like the feeling of those sticky sweat, and what's for breakfast anyway?" I went with him to the kitchen and said "As usual Pancakes my beloved!".

He sat down and look at me all disappointed "Seriously when will you stop with the pancakes, I'm starting to hate it because of you dude...'' I went to the cabinets to look if there was other food to feed him.

I saw some leftover ingredients left by my mom when she visited me "Hey Mysta do you want some Carbonara? Seems like my mom left some ingredients for us" I said, he respond "Carbonara? uhh sure whatever as long it tastes good like how your mom cooked it!" I looked at him "Shut the fuck up Mysta I know how to cook plus I learned how to cook from mom, of course, it will be the same".

I finished cooking it for around 15 minutes since it's just for the both of us and the prepared ingredients, we ate and took a bath so we could go to our work Mysta went to his agency and I went to my guild as usual.

Later at night, I went to get home early lately because demons has suddenly stopped their activities; only a few have left, I watched the TV and ate some desserts or foods that I bought on the way. 2 hours have passed Mysta has finally back from his job.

As he sat down next to me in the living room he told me about his new target, "Haaahhh..... Another criminal we're gonna catch this is just tiring as heck can't I have a fucking rest for at least a day??" I respond to him "What the fuck are you talking about? Isn't that supposed to be your daily job Mysta? If you want to rest take a day off then?".

He suddenly hugged me as he do an ugly fake cry, "Waahhh Shotooo~!! You just don't know who I'm against!! Do you wanna who?" As I soon to say no he suddenly said "OF COURSE YOU DO!!! it's a Mafia named Luca Kaneshiro you know him right!? his all over the news!" I was surprised but I don't particularly care since it's not my business so I just proceed to watch the TV.

Later on, while we eat and watch I suddenly ask "Oh right Mysta why we're you pretty late?" He looked at me and ate his food "Eh Uhm- I just went out with my team for a celebration capturing the last target so we ate dinner! Wait have you eaten yet?" Mysta asked, I said to him "Huh? oh yeah, I already did! One of my guildies bought me dinner while I was in my office." He suddenly said "well lucky" I was confused by what he said.

Later on, I suddenly said, "Mysta I suddenly want to try a normal civilian work" he got confused and said "Lmao dude what are you talking about!? Do you wanna try two jobs at once?" I responded, "Uhh yeah I suddenly wanted to try, cause like you know demons are suddenly disappearing so I'm getting bored."

He leaned toward me and told me "Bro you're lucky that the restaurant we went to was brand new and still looking for one more person to be a waiter!" I was surprised he suddenly recommend me with something "Oh damn Mysta I didn't expect you to recommend me one! Luckily I used to be a waiter before I successfully become a demon slayer!" Mysta burst to laugh "LMAOO DUDE!!! What a great coincidence is that!!? your lucky to have me Shoto!" As he laugh I joined him.

The next day I woke up and did my daily work, we both ate cereal and Mysta asked "Shoto are you going to the restaurant I said?" I looked at him and answered, "Huh? Oh yeah I'm going l, water, and also I plan not to tell you I'm a demon slayer or someone who has another job".

He was confused and ask me "Huh? What? Why would you do that you dickhead!?" I said, "Obviously because demons can have human form motherfucker!!". He answered with an "Oh? I didn't know..."

Later on, he went ahead and go to his work and get my files ready for the interview, I used a taxi to go where Mysta told me where it could be. Soon I arrived at the restaurant named Akuma's Restaurant, it looks like that restaurant came from hell but I didn't mind at all.

It was pretty big so I got confused about where the interviewing place would be held, as I keep walking I saw a person who went to me and said "Oh hi there! You must be one of the people who will be applying here?" I answered, "Oh uh yeah I am...!" He guided me the way since I got lost.

I arrived at the location but it seems like it hasn't started yet although 3 other people are applying for this job, I sat down and listen to music with my AirPods. Later one more person joined and the interview seems to be starting.

15 minutes have passed I was called by the person who guided me, As soon as I entered I can feel a very off aura around the guy we were interviewing with.

He spoke and said " Hello and Good Morning! I appreciate your appearance for today's interview you may get seated." As I went to sit I looked at him, he was pretty handsome and seems to be tall and it looks like he have a big build. He suddenly talked "Well, are you ready for the interview applicant?" he asked and I responded with a yes.

[ This is what Shoto's apartment looks like: ]

[ He earned it from his guild backed up by the government ]

© to the cover: @MUYEAAA on Twitter.