A suspicious, calculative expression marred in his scary face.

Huh?

Why is he still here?

Why is he looking at me as if I'm a thief or something? Actually I could see many people passing by, giving me weird looks.

I shift awkwardly towards the exit, societal anxiety rearing up.

Sadly, people who exuded money and power think differently and are treated differently. If you fail to dress like them and act like them, you will be treated as a pest, an exile.

I hate being treated like this. They make me feel like I should have never been born at all.

" Please be comfortable with me, I didn't mean to be rude. " Mr. Kinn's voice distracts me, making me stop where I was. His soothing worried tone, weirdly calming my anxiety.

How can a person I haven't even met, elicit this kind of reaction from me?

" I'm really a fan of your works, in fact if the circumstances were right I would've definitely married you for such great talent. "

I choke under my breath. My heart almost leapt out of my chest, for what I just heard. My cheeks burn as if he's talking directly to me and not Mrs. Williams.

This person....this person is a natural flirt!

" Oh my, haha you flatter me Mr Kinn. " Mrs. Williams chuckles. Something flares in me, I'm not sure if it's jealousy or frustration. The unfairness boiling inside me.

I can't even live the life which is meant for me. My body, my soul feel tied up, with no escape or whatsoever.

When will this sorrow end? I'm sick and tired of my pathetic life.

" If you have impressed my mother, you must be really something. It's really hard to impress her, Mrs. Williams and you did it. She's the one who insisted on your name for our resort project. "

" Infact, I want to offer you to be our resort's personal executive designer. I'm willing to pay thrice the salary what your company provides or more, Mrs. Williams. If you agree, I can arrange it right away. If and only if you wish that is, no pressure."

The f***!

Thrice the amount??

I wipe the drool off my face, how badly wishing to stand in her place, without any fear or regret. If and only if Wolff enterprises hadn't blacklisted us..

" Oh dear, I'm truly touched by your offer Mr. Kinn, but sorry I'm loyal to my company sir. My hobby has always been being able to work in a variety of fields and projects. It will be hard to just concentrate on the resort solely. "

Tsk. What a drama queen she is. Mrs Williams clearly knows she can't do a shit without me, here. The Reed design is the only safe hub to keep her secret safe and sound. She just doesn't want any trouble.

Otherwise she has no boundaries when it comes to greediness.

" Hmmm. It's sad that our company can't have a dedicated person like you. Now, how about we discuss the resort project, Mrs. Williams? "

" Oh yes, definitely sir. "

Ouch!

Somebody dashed my shoulder, making my phone jump out of my hand. Shit. Did I hit a hard wall or something!?

" The f***! Look where you walk, cheap stake. You are blocking my way. " I hear a mean, shrill voice.

A talk, perfect body, golden goddess hair, and the most porcelain complexion I'd ever seen, wrapped completely in Chanel from head to toe, stood glaring at me.