A New School, a New Story

Mavis Vermillion's POV

Darn it! Am I really going to be late on the first day of school? School starts at 8:30 am and its already 8:34 am?! I don't even have time to eat breakfast! Whatever I'll just run there. I see it! The logo says Fairy Law!

While I was running to school, suddenly, I bumped into a boy who had black hair and looked pretty tall in my opinion.
"Gomenasai*! Are you ok?"
"It's fine," the black haired stranger said.
"Okay, good! By the way, what's your name?"
As soon as he opened his mouth, we both were startled by the bell ringing and panicked. I'm going to be so late! I started running to my classroom and then realized that I didn't say a proper goodbye to him. Oh my gosh. I feel like the worst person in this world! He was going to say his name but I didn't get to hear it! I sighed, slid open the classroom door, and walked in to introduce myself.
"Ah! Sorry I'm late sensei*!"
"It's fine since your a new student here but don't be late next time because I won't let you off easily." Aw man. This school year is going suck.
"H-hai*... Anyways, konnichiwa*! My name is Mavis Vermillion and I love studying light magic and black magic!" I saw that everyone was looking somewhere next to the left of my side so I looked over and saw a tall figure with black hair. "Wah!! Your that guy from this morning! I didn't even see or hear you come in the classroom!"
He started glaring at me and sat down at his seat. Geez! What's his problem? Wait. Why does everyone look frightened? It seems that they're not only scared of him. But they're scared at me too?

Zeref Dragneel's POV

Baka*! Rumors might spread for her like it did for me. Maybe if she would have stayed quiet, everyone wouldn't be scared of her too! Ugh life is so hard to deal with. Whatever. I don't want to cause a ruckus anyways on her first day of school. I might as well just ignore her for the sake of her and the sake of me.

Mavis Vermillion's POV

An hour later, the bell rang and I had one main goal. To make friends on my first day of school! When I exited the classroom, there was a group that came up to me.
"Konnichiwa*! I'm Lucy and this is Erza, Jellal, Natsu, Gray, and Juvia!"
"I'm Mavis! I'm in the classroom in here." I pointed at the classroom I just exited and they all looked nervous.
"U-uh awesome! We go to the classroom next door to yours. Do you by any chance... have Zeref Dragneel in your home room?" I stared at them for a second in confusion.
"Who is that? I don't know anyone here except for you guys. Well, except for a guy who has black hair and is way taller than me."
"That's him! Look, stay away from him. He's no good. I heard that he killed hundreds of people just from his magic! He's Natsu's brother but they don't even talk to eachother." Nastu looked away and looked a little nervous. I had the feeling that that was a lie about how they don't talk to eachother. I got mad. Real mad.
"That is so dumb and idiotic. Do you believe everything you hear? Look not to offend you (wait I already did), but I can't be friends with people who are liars and rumor spreaders. Those people are the worst of the worst." For a second, I saw Natsu from the corner of my eye smile a little bit. I walked away from them.
Three periods later, it was lunchtime. Honestly, I didn't really feel like going to the cafeteria and seeing that group again so I decided to eat my lunch on the rooftop. I walked up the steps, Opened the door and I saw that guy again. What was his name... Uh...
"Zeref!" Oh crap. Did I really just say that out loud? He looked back at the door and saw me.
"What do you want? And why are you so nice to me?" He said in an irritated voice.
"First of all, I'm Mavis Vermillion and I like learning about light magic and black magic. Also, I'm nice to you because I want to be friends with you! Do you have a problem with that?" Zeref looked away and stared at the concrete floor.
"Not really. But-"
"You said it for yourself! Also, no buts! It's final that we're friends and you can't change it." I felt happy that I made one real and official friend...

I wonder how things will work out between us?

Japanese Learning 101
That little thing right here --> (*)
I will be using that for Japanese words and I will be putting the definition of it or what it means in English so you guys can understand. I don't know a lot of Japanese and I'm still in the process of learning it so please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Gomennasai (ごめん浅い)= I'm sorry.
2.Sensei (先生)= Teacher
3.Hai (はい)= Yes
4.Konnichiwa (こんにちは)= Hello