𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟏- 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟓

~Elizabeth's perspective~

I go into the Dining room for breakfast and see Papa, Mary, Edith, and Sybil. 
    "Good morning Papa."
    "Good morning Lizzie, darling."
    "This came for you."
    "Thank you." Then I sit to eat.
    "Who's that from, Papa? You seem very absorbed." Mary asks him.
    "Your Aunt Rosamund." He tells her.
    "Anything interesting?" Edith asks.
    "Nothing to trouble you with." Papa tells them both.
    "Poor Aunt Rosamund, all alone in that big house. I feel so sorry for her." I say in pity for my Aunt.
    "I don't. All alone with plenty of money and a house in Eton Square? I can't imagine anything better." Mary explains.

    "Really, Mary, I wish you wouldn't talk like that. There will come a day when someone thinks you mean what you say." Papa scolds her. I give her a frowning look across the table feeling bad for her. Everyone has been so caught up with me and Matthew no one really asks anyone else of what they're up to.
    "It can't come soon enough for me." Mary tells Papa.
    "Carson, I'll be in the library. Will you let me know when Her Ladyship is down?" Papa asks Carson.
    "Certainly, my Lord."
    "Lizzie, darling, this one's for you." Papa says as he hands me a letter. I immediately know it's for Gwen and quickly excuse myself from breakfast, and call Gwen to my bedroom.
    "I saw another opening for a secretary and I applied." I told her.
    "But you never said."
    "I didn't want you to be disappointed."

    "I thought you'd given up." I shake my head and walk up to her while placing my hand on her arm.
    "I'll never give up, and nor will you. Things are changing for women, Gwen. Not just the vote, but our lives." I smile.
    "But it's tomorrow at ten o'clock. Last time, we waited for weeks and weeks and—and this one's tomorrow."
    "Then we must be ready by tomorrow, mustn't we?" I smile even more.

~Night~
It's late at night and I found Papa in the Great hall and wanted to ask him a favor.

    "I thought you went to bed hours ago." He tells me.
    "I was writing a note for Lynch. I need the governess cart tomorrow." I ask him.
    "Oh?"
    "I'm going to Moulton." I state.
    "Oh, don't risk the traffic in Moulton, not now every Tom, Dick, and Harry seems to have a motor."
    "Hardly."
    "Last time I was there, there were five cars parked in the marketplace and another three drove past while I was waiting. Get Branson to take you in the car. Neither of us are using it."
    "I thought I'd pop in on old Mrs Steward. Will you tell Mama if I forget?"
    "Of course, goodnight Lizzie."
    "Good night Papa."

~Morning~
(Matthew's perspective)
    I walk up to the big house hoping to catch Elizabeth before she does anything for the day. I go up to the door and Carson comes and greets me.
    "Good morning, sir."
    "Good morning Carson," I greeted him back. "Do you happen to know where Lady Elizabeth is?"
    "I'm afraid Lady Elizabeth is currently on her way to Moulton but don't know why, sir."
    "Thank you, I suppose I'll come back later tonight to talk to her."
    "Very well, sir."

~Elizabeth's perspective~
Currently Gwen and I are on our way to the interview.
"Well, I had to let the skirt down a little, but I can put it back." Gwen tells me.
"No, it's yours. What will happen if one of the maids finds your room is empty?" I ask her.
"Oh, it would only be Anna, and she wouldn't give me away. She's like a sister. She'd never betray me." She tells me.

"Oh, well, then she's not like my sisters. Walk on." We both subtly laugh.
A little while later on our way home our horse had a cast in his shoe and wont move as fast.
"Can you help? I should be so grateful. Our horse has cast his shoe. Is there a smithy nearby?" I ask the stranger.

"Ah, you can try old Crump in the next village." The stranger tells me.
"Thank you." I thank him as does Gwen.
"See? Help is at hand. And at least it happened on the way home." I tell Gwen.
"They'll all be worried about you, and if they check on me, I'm finished." Gwen worries, and I can't help but worry too.