Cuddly and Tired

Requested on Tumblr

Pairing: Keys x reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Keys, Y/N

Description: Y/N and Keys work at different game development companies. When Y/N comes home from work, they're very tired, and Keys is there to make them happy.

You walk through the front door exhausted and sore, drop your bags and go straight towards the sofa, letting out a peaceful sigh as you were finally able to rest after a long day sitting at a desk. Your eyes fluttered closed as you went into a state of relaxation.

Keys was watching you from the kitchen doorway with furrowed eyebrows. He worried about you sometimes. You worked so hard but never gave any thought to yourself. An idea struck him as a small smirk made its way onto his face.

A luxurious smell woke you from your relaxed state, a small rumble sounding in your stomach. You hadn't even realized that you had fallen asleep. Sitting up straight, you walked into the kitchen and stood behind Keys, who was mixing ingredients in a pan, and wrapped your arms around him.

"Something smells good, baby. What is it?" Keys turned the heat down on the food and turned around to face you, running his hands up and down your arms. "I can't tell you that, it's my secret recipe. Now, go wash up and it'll be done by the time you come back." He leaned down and pecked you on your lips before turning his attention back to the food. You cocked your head and smiled before getting changed upstairs.

When you came back down, the only light you could see was two candles that were lit on the kitchen table. You gasped in surprise which made Keys turn around. "What do you think, honey?" You flashed him a smile. "It's wonderful, but what's the occasion?" Keys pulled a chair out for you to sit on, pecking your head. "There's no occasion, I've just noticed how much time and effort you put into your job but you never give any thought to yourself. So, I thought you deserved to be treated like the amazing person you are."

You blushed slightly at his words and reached over the table to where he was sitting to grab his hand. "Thank you, baby. This means so much to me." He rubbed circles on your hand with his thumb before smiling and starting to eat his own food, an action you copied.

______________

You were both cuddled up together on the sofa, completely content with each other's company. "That was seriously the best food I have ever tasted." "Well, only the best for my queen." You both leaned in and placed a long kiss to each others lips before cuddling back up and watching the TV,

Your head was lying on his chest; it was your favorite place. You loved hearing the steady rhythm of his heart and having his arms wrapped around you; it made you feel safe. You could feel your eyelids begin to flutter as the exhaustion from the past few weeks caught up with you.

After a few minutes, Keys could hear small snores and looked down with a smile at your sleeping form cuddling him. As carefully and as quietly as he could, Keys carried you upstairs and tucked you into bed, with him following closely behind.