Chapter10 ||⏳Long Ago⌛️||

PETER POV
It's been years since that night. The night Y/n left. The night she disappeared. I haven't seen or heard of her since but I still think about her almost every night. As I lye in bed trying to sleep, staring at the rose she gave me all those years ago. The rose that she enchanted to never die. The rose that sat in the vase she used to own. The only actual thing I have left of her besides the room she slept in for a night.
Susan misses her too but she chooses not to think about her as if forgetting is the answer to everything.
Lucy also misses Y/n, Edmund hardly new her but me I miss her the most. I miss the way she smiled. I miss her sarcastic remarks. I miss her e/c eyes. I miss her soft h/c, but mostly I miss her, just her. I miss her presence.
Some nights I will stay up all night, sitting on my balcony, looking up at the stars wondering if she's still here in Narnia or if she's up there. Sometimes I'll think about what she said to me before she disappeared.
"I'm so sorry Pete".
Did she have to do things? Is that why she left? Did she feel as though she shouldn't be at Cair Paravel?
My head is always flooded with questions but never, never have I found the answer.

!Time skip!

I sit at my desk in my room and stare out the window looking at the ocean, thinking of how Y/n used to swim in it and how she taught us all to swim. I will never be the same. Never.
"Um Peter?" Edmunds voice comes from my door
"Mhmm" I say not moving my gaze from the sea
"The white stag, we need to go catch it" he says quietly
"Right, right okay. I'll be there soon"
"Please do be".
Edmund knows how much I miss Y/n as do the others but Edmund is gentler with me when he knows I'm thinking about her.

I get my horse out of the stable, saddle it up and follow my siblings. We ride for a while until Edmund suddenly stops, well his horse Philip stops.
"You alright Philip?" He asks his horse
"I'm not as young as I used to be" Philip breathes out.
"What was that he was saying Susan?" Lucy laughs as she turns to our sister
"You girls wait here, I'll get the stag myself" Susan says in her best Edmund voice which isn't even close.
"What's this?" Lucy says getting off her horse and walking towards a lamppost "it feels familiar"
"Like a dream of a dream" I say walking towards it too. My other two siblings walk over as well just as Lucy starts running off into trees
"Lu! Wait!" I yell after her but she doesn't stop, we all follow her of course. As the space gets more closed in we all tumble over one another but it feels as though the further we walk back the younger we get and just as I'm about to turn around to face the front I see her, standing there. Well running towards the lamppost.
"Y/n".
She is there standing next to the lamppost. The same age as I last saw her. The necklace is still around her neck. But something isn't quite right, she looks stressed like she's being chased. Her h/c hair is tied back, her eyes wide, her wand in her hand then a sword, a long shiny silver blade goes into her stomach and that's when I fall.
Her screams ringing in my ears.

I fall back over my siblings, landing in the spare room.

What an ending to a short chapter am I right? Hahahahahaha I loved writing that chapter, I'm such a cruel person 😂😂
Anywayyyyyy pls vote :)
-Soph